- Nutritional Growth Solutions (NGS) announces positive results from a 12-month clinical trial on its Grow Daily Boys 10+ formula
- The trial assessed the formula’s effect on height, weight and body composition in 160 healthy, lean and short males aged 10 to 14.5 years
- Those who consumed the formula over six months showed an increase to their weight, BMI and muscle mass compared to those who had the placebo
- Managing Director and CEO Liron Fendell says the results verify the positive effect its Grow Daily Boys 10+ formula has on growth for pre-adolescent boys
- Company shares are down 2.27 per cent to trade at 21.5 cents at 2:34 pm AEST
Nutritional Growth Solutions (NGS) has announced positive results from a clinical trial on its Grow Daily Boys 10+ formula.
The 12-month randomised, placebo-controlled trial assessed the formula’s effect on height, weight and body composition in 160 healthy, lean and short males aged between 10 and 14.5 years.
The study was carried out in two stages. The first was a double-blind intervention with the nutritional formula or a placebo and the second stage administered the nutritional formula to all participants.
Pleasingly for NGS, the results found that those who consumed Grow Daily Boys 10+ over six months showed an increase to their weight, BMI and muscle mass, compared to those who consumed the placebo supplement.
Older participants aged over 11.4 years who consumed the formula maintained their height increase rate while those taking the placebo showed a decrease in their rate of height increase.
Lead researcher of the study, Michal Yackobovitch-Gavan, said the trial evaluated the importance of nutrition for pre-adolescents.
“Intervention with a multi-nutrient, protein-rich formula was effective at increasing weight, fat-free-mass, muscle mass, and BMI in short and lean pre-pubertal male adolescents,” Dr Yackobovitch-Gavan said. “It also prevented the expected decline in height increase rate in older participants.”
NGS’s Managing Director and CEO Liron Fendell commented on the results.
“As we launch Grow Daily Boys 10+ to market, it is great to have the clinical trial findings to verify the positive effect on growth for teen and pre-teen boys,” she said.
“The make-up of nutrients required for optimal growth changes throughout a child’s growing years and this is why we created a formulation specifically for boys aged 10 and over. Our new Grow Daily Boys 10+ range contains all the essential micronutrients, such as calcium and iron with high protein needed for optimal growth in pre-teens.”
Company shares are down 2.27 per cent to trade at 21.5 cents at 2:34 pm AEST.