Total
0
Shares
Pathfinder Resources (ASX:PF1) - Managing Director, Shannon Green
Managing Director, Shannon Green
Source: The Market Herald
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Pathfinder Resources (PF1) and Cazaly Resources’ subsidiary, Lockett Fe, have signed a binding deal to divest their interests in the Hamersley Iron Ore Project
  • The joint venture partners will sell the project to Equinox Resources who plans to list on the ASX through an IPO
  • Pathfinder will receive 35 million shares in Equinox which represent a 36.65 per cent interest
  • This will allow the company and its shareholders to maintain exposure to the Hamersley Iron Ore Project
  • Pathfinder’s shares ended the day 6.15 per cent in the red to close at 30.5 cents and Cazaly Resources’ shares closed steady at 4.8 cents

Pathfinder Resources (PF1) has signed a binding heads of agreement with Cazaly Resources’ (CAZ) subsidiary Lockett Fe and Equinox Resources.

Pathfinder and Lockett formed a joint venture (JV) in 2010 for the Hamersley Iron Ore Project. Under the JV, Pathfinder owns a 70 per cent interest and Lockett owns the remaining 30 per cent.

However, the heads of agreement will see the companies divest their respective interests in the Western Australia-based project to Equinox.

Equinox Resources intends to undertake an initial public offering (IPO) and seek a listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).

Through the IPO, it hopes to raise between $7 million and $9 million by way of issuing between 35 million and 45 million shares at an issue price of 20 cents each.

Pathfinder will receive 35 million shares in Equinox representing an interest of approximately 36.65 per cent post-IPO. This will allow the company and its shareholders to maintain exposure to the Hamersley Iron Ore Project.

PF1 believes selling its interest in the project will allow it to focus on advancing the King Tut Project in Argentina whilst also retaining exposure to the Hamersley Iron Ore Project through its interest in Equinox.

In conjunction with the sale, Pathfinder has agreed to advance Equinox up to $320,000 through an interest-free loan that Equinox can use to cover the IPO expenses. It will then repay the money with the IPO proceeds.

Equinox Resources expects to lodge the prospectus in August this year.

Pathfinder’s shares ended the day 6.15 per cent in the red to close at 30.5 cents. Cazaly Resources ended the day with shares trading steady at 4.8 cents.

PF1 by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
SRG Global (ASX:SRG) - Managing Director, David Macgeorge

" SRG’s (ASX:SRG) Bugarrba JV secures $25m contract with Fortescue (ASX:FMG)

SRG Global (SRG) has updated the market on a new contract secured by its Bugarrba Aboriginal joint venture (JV).

" Auroch Minerals (ASX:AOU) tags multiple targets at Nepean nickel project

Auroch Minerals (AOU) has identified multiple drill targets at the Nepean Nickel project in Western Australia following completion of down-hole geophysical surveys.

" Tesoro (ASX:TSO) reports further ‘high-grade’ zones at Ternera

Tesoro Resources (TSO) says it is continuing to discover and define high-grade zones at the Ternera Gold Deposit within the El Zorro Gold
BlackEarth Minerals (ASX:BEM)- Managing Director, Tom Revy

" BlackEarth Minerals (ASX:BEM) signs joint venture agreement to produce graphite

BlackEarth Minerals (BEM) has penned a joint venture agreement to develop an expandable graphite plant in India.