- Playside Studios (PLY) has signed a material work-for-hire contract with Shiba Inu Games, a derivative entity formed from the globally recognised cryptocurrency, Shiba Inu
- The ethereum-based token and decentralised cryptocurrency is said to be the breakout ERC-20 token of 2021
- The agreement is fixed-priced and milestone-based to develop a multiplayer Collectable Card Game
- The game is planned to be released on multiple platforms with an 8 month deployment term
- Playside Studios shares closed flat on Tuesday at 80 cents
Playside Studios (PLY) has signed a material work-for-hire contract with Shiba Inu Games, a derivative entity formed from the globally-recognised cryptocurrency, Shiba Inu.
The ethereum-based token and decentralised cryptocurrency is the breakout ERC-20 token of 2021.
The agreement with Shiba is fixed-price and milestone-based to develop a multiplayer Collectable Card Game with plans to release it on multiple platforms. It does not include a revenue share.
The development of the game will draw from the art of Shiba’s ‘Shiboshi’ non-fungible tokens (NFT), with an 8-month deployment term.
Playside says with booming global trends, such as the metaverse, cryptocurrencies and NFTs, there are many new opportunities for the company to explore.
Playside Studios CEO, Gerry Sakkas, says the contract reinforces the company’s credentials as a global premier game developer in the industry.
“To add a new games client that has emerged from the popular NFT, token and decentralised cryptocurrency industry is very exciting for us,” he said.
“Emerging technologies continue to gather pace, and this is an ideal opportunity for PlaySide to collaborate in this field, expand our skill base and showcase our development abilities. The scale of the agreement with Shiba Inu Games is also significant and highlights the depth of our capabilities as we continue to grow our business.”
Playside Studios shares closed flat on Tuesday at 80 cents.