- PointsBet's (PBH) U.S. subsidiary, PointsBet USA, has been appointed the first official betting partner of LaLiga North America
- LaLiga North America represents the LaLiga professional soccer league in the U.S. and Canada for all business activities
- It seems PointsBet was a shoo-in for this deal as it's one of the few operators to offer a Spanish language website
- This deal conveniently comes before the El Gran Derbi game later this month
- The company will launch a "PointsBet Prediction of the Week" segment to be promoted by three LaLiga players
- PointsBet's shares are down 23.4 per cent and are trading for $2.55 each
PointsBet Holdings (PBH) has announced its subsidiary, PointsBet USA, has been appointed as the official betting partner of LaLiga North America.
Under the multi-year agreement, PointsBet will gain exposure to LaLiga's expanding audience across North America. It will work with the governing body on best practices to protect the integrity of LaLiga games.
LaLiga North America is a joint venture between Spanish professional league, LaLiga, and Relevent Sports. The joint venture is the exclusive representation of LaLiga in the U.S. and Canada for all business and development activities.
PointsBet is a corporate bookmaker that provides its clients with a product offering including Fixed Odds Sports, Fixed Odds Racing and PointsBetting.
"We are thrilled to have been appointed as the first exclusive sportsbook partner of LaLiga in the US commencing ahead of the much anticipated El Gran Derbi later this month," PointsBet U.S. CEO Johnny Aitken said.
It seems PointsBet was a shoo-in for this deal as it's one of the few operators to offer a Spanish language website - proving its commitment to providing multilingual content.
"We are excited to grow with PointsBet in the market and enhance the fan experience by bringing LaLiga closer to the fervent audience that exists in the US," LaLiga North America CEO Boris Gartner said.
As part of the multilingual offering, PointsBet is creating a "PointsBet Prediction of the Week" segment to be promoted in English and Spanish by LaLiga players Luis Garcia, Jimmy Conrad and Chelsea Cabarcas.
The agreement follows several official league data agreements PointsBet entered with U.S. leagues such as the NBA and XFL.
PointsBet's shares are down 23.4 per cent and are trading for $2.55 each at 2:00 pm AEDT.