- Predictive Discovery (PDI) has commenced power auger drilling at its wholly-owned Kaninko Gold Project in Guinea
- The 3500-metre program is designed to follow up on the northeast Bankan gold discovery which was announced in earlier this month
- Predictive will initially test the immediate southern area for extensions to gold mineralisation
- First results are expected within three weeks and will continue thereafter as the program continues
- Company shares remain flat this morning, trading for 6.5 cents each
Predictive Discovery (PDI) has commenced power auger drilling at its wholly-owned Kaninko Gold Project in Guinea.
The planned 189-hole and 3500-metre program is designed to follow up on the northeast Bankan gold discovery by drilling for extensions to the gold mineralised system to the north and south.
Drilling is initially testing the area immediately south of the southernmost air core drill line reported on April 15, which included the KKOAC001 drill intercept of 46 metres at 6.58g/t gold from four metres. This resulted in gold mineralisation.
"With this initial shallow program, we have confirmed the presence of the broad mineralised widths suggested by the earlier power auger drilling along with some impressively high gold grades," Managing Director Paul Roberts said at the time.
Shareholders were incredibly pleased with the news as Predictive saw its shares skyrocket 317 per cent in the green.
Power auger drilling is being undertaken by Sahara Mining Services. Holes will be drilled on a 900 metre wide, 80-metre by 80-metre square grid and are expected to be up to 20 metres deep. The grid will cover distances of roughly 600 metres to the north and 600 metres to the south of the current 450-metre long auger grid.
Auger samples will be assayed for gold at a lab in Bamako, Mali and first results are expected within three weeks. Further results are expected to continue for several weeks after as the program continues.
Additional air core, reverse circulation and diamond drilling is currently being planned to follow up on the northeast Bankan gold discovery and will be announced once drill contracts are finalised.
Company shares remain flat this morning, trading for 6.5 cents each at 9:57 am AEST.