- Predictive Discovery (PDI) has doubled the strike length of the gold mineralised zone at the NE Bankan Prospect in Guinea
- A 124-hole drilling program has successfully doubled the strike length from 500 metres to one kilometre
- A possible new high-grade gold zone was also identified and mineralisation remains open to the north
- One diamond drill and one reverse circulation drill rig are now on-site at NE Bankan
- to test the gold mineralisation at greater depth
- After being reinstated to official quotation, Predictive shares are down 8.08 per cent and trading for 9.1 cents each
Predictive Discovery (PDI) has doubled the strike length of the gold mineralised zone at the NE Bankan Prospect.
This prospect is situated within the Kaninko Project which is located in Guinea’s Siguiri Basin.
A total of 124 holes, for 2423 metres, were drilled at NE Bankan and all but five were drilled to a depth of 20 metres.
The holes pierced into clay and saprolite (chemically weathered rock) and numerous gold anomalies were obtained with results peaking at 25.8g/t gold.
Other significant results include 10 metres at 20.88g/t gold from 10 to 20 metres within a broader zone of 16 metres at 6.81g/t gold, and 16 metres 1.05g/t gold including two metres at 7.67g/t gold from 18 to 20 metres.
These results have doubled the strike of the gold anomaly at NE Bankan from 500 metres to one kilometre.
A possible new high-grade gold zone was also identified, and mineralisation remains open to the north.
“We are very pleased with these results which have now doubled the known mineralised strike length at NE Bankan from the 0.5-kilometre strike length that was initially recognised, to nearly one kilometre and remaining open,” Managing Director Paul Roberts commented.
“The identification of high-grade gold mineralisation on the most northern drill line also suggests that a possible new high-grade zone may extend even further to the north,” he said.
One diamond drill and one reverse circulation drill rig are now on-site at NE Bankan.
The diamond drill rig has begun operation and is designed to test fresh rock at depth below known mineralisation.
The reverse circulation rig will begin drilling shortly and will test parts of previously untested areas of the gold anomalous zone.
“We are also very pleased the diamond drill and reverse circulation drill rigs are now on-site and we look forward to exploring the NE Bankan gold mineralised system along strike and at greater depths with these two rigs,” Paul added.
After being reinstated to official quotation, Predictive shares are down 8.08 per cent and trading for 9.1 cents each at 11:27 am AEST.