- Predictive Discovery (PDI) intersects further gold mineralisation at its 3.6 million ounce Bankan Gold Project in Guinea
- Current drilling is aimed at extending and infilling the high-grade gold zone at depth below the optimised pit shell containing the project’s maiden resource estimate
- New grades peaked at 13.4 g/t gold and highlight a potential southerly broadening of the high-grade zone
- Two diamond drill rigs are currently in operation at Bankan and planning is under way for additional resource definition drilling to begin
- PDN shares trading 5.56 per cent higher at 28.5 cents
Predictive Discovery (PDI) has encountered further gold mineralisation from deep diamond drilling at its 3.6 million ounce Bankan Gold Project in north-east Guinea, West Africa.
The project covers an area of 356 square kilometres and is located about 550 kilometres from Guinea’s capital Conakry. It lies in the south-western portion of the Siguiri Basin, which is a component of the Proterozoic Birimian orogenic belt.
Diamond drilling is continuing at Bankan and the company said it aims to extend and infill the high-grade gold zone at depth below the optimised pit shell incorporating the deposit’s maiden resource estimate.
The pick of the latest assay results were 33 metres grading 4.5 grams per tonne gold from 536 metres, including eight metres at 13.4 g/t from 547 metres, and 48 metres at 2.1 g/t from 562 metres.
According to Predictive, these intersections represent a potential southerly broadening of the high-grade zone.
“This deeper drilling continues to extend the high-grade zone, now more than 100 metres below the open pit, confirming Bankan as one of the most exciting gold deposits globally,” Managing Director Andrew Pardey said.
“The company has twin focuses of growing and infilling the known deposits at NE Bankan and Bankan Creek and also a continuing search for further new gold deposits.”
Two diamond drill rigs are currently in operation at Bankan and planning is under way for additional resource definition drilling to be undertaken.
Predictive’s maiden inferred resource estimate for Bankan released in September last year came in at 72.8 million tonnes grading an average of 1.56 g/t for 3.65 million ounces of contained gold.
PDI shares were up 5.56 per cent at 28.5 cents at 12:02 pm AEDT.