- Predictive Discovery (PDI) has intersected 44 metres at 2.06g/t gold at the Bankan Creek prospect within the Kaninko Gold Project in Guinea
- In late March, the company began a combined air core and reverse circulation drilling program comprising 23 holes
- Drilling tested power auger gold intercepts and gold mineralised trenches on the North-East Bankan and Bankan Creek prospects
- While Predictive is highly encouraged by latest results, it has noticed some geological complexity at the prospect and will need to explore further
- The company hopes to kickstart further drilling within the next four to six weeks
- Predictive is up a healthy 13.6 per cent and shares are trading for 7.5 cents each
Predictive Discovery (PDI) has intersected 44 metres at 2.06g/t gold at the Bankan Creek prospect within the Kaninko Gold Project in Guinea.
Between February and March, the company completed shallow power auger drilling and trenching programs at Bankan Creek. As reported on March 20, Predictive intersected 18 metres at 1.60 g/t gold and 37 metres at 0.94g/t gold.
Following this program, Predictive began a combined air core (AC) and reverse circulation (RC) drilling program comprising 23 holes.
The drilling aimed to test beneath and along strike of power auger gold intercepts and gold mineralised trenches on the North-East Bankan and Bankan Creek prospects.
Latest results are from the three southern drill sections. Results from five holes from the northern drill section are pending.
The best intercept in the Bankan Creek program was from hole KKOAC039, which intersected 44 metres at 2.06g/t gold from 6 metres to the end of hole including 18 metres at 2.97g/t gold. Drilling also intersected 6 metres at 4.52g/t gold including 2 metres at 10.30g/t gold.
"We are highly encouraged by these new drill results at Bankan Creek, which add to the inventory of gold mineralisation on the Kaninko Project," Managing Director Paul Roberts said.
"Our drilling suggests different and apparently more complex geology than at NE Bankan, with a mixture of different rock types cut by a stockwork of quartz veins, and a possibility that grade increases with depth," Paul added.
The program also showed the Bankan Creek mineralised system is geologically complex which needs to be explored by deeper diamond drilling. This is planned for the next four to six weeks subject to finalising a drill contract which is currently being negotiated.
While the focus remains on North-East Bankan, the Bankan Creek Prospect provides a "material boost" to the Kaninko Project and requires further testing. Once all assays have been received the company will plan its next program of exploration at Bankan Creek.
Predictive is up a healthy 13.6 per cent and shares are trading for 7.5 cents each at 10:16 am AEST.