Total
0
Shares
Prodigy Gold (ASX:PRX) - Managing Director, Matt Briggs
Managing Director, Matt Briggs
Source: The Market Herald
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Prodigy Gold (PRX) has begun diamond drilling at the Lake Mackay Project in the Northern Territory
  • Initially, diamond drilling will be undertaken on electromagnetic conductors across the Phreaker, Raw and Customisable prospects
  • Reverse circulation drilling will also be carried out at Raw to test a geochemical anomaly
  • Work has already begun at Phreaker to test the down-dip extensions of existing drilling which intersected up to 1.15 per cent copper, 13.9g/t silver and 0.15g/t gold
  • Prodigy has ended the day 2.5 per cent in the green with shares trading at 4.1 cents

Prodigy Gold (PRX) has begun diamond drilling at the Lake Mackay Project in the Northern Territory.

The project is held in joint venture with ASX-lister IGO (IGO). IGO holds a 70 per cent interest in the venture and Prodigy holds the remaining 30 per cent.

Initially, diamond drilling will be undertaken on electromagnetic (EM) conductors across the Phreaker, Raw and Customisable prospects.

Reverse circulation (RC) drilling will also be carried out at Raw to test a geochemical anomaly.

Phreaker

Work has begun at the Phreaker Prospect, which was discovered via ground EM surveys that followed up on an airborne anomaly.

Previous RC drilling identified that the mineralised system spans 750 metres of strike and also returned up to 1.15 per cent copper, 13.9g/t silver and 0.15g/t gold.

Two diamond holes will be drilled to test the down-dip extensions of the exisiting RC drilling.

Raw

Soil sampling completed in 2019 defined a 1.1 kilometre-long polymetallic soil and rock chip anomaly.

Prodigy will undertake 400 metres of RC drilling to test the soil anomaly.

A single diamond hole will then be drilled to intersect a modelled EM conductor that was too deep to drill with traditional RC drilling.

Customisable

At the Customisable Prospect, one diamond hole will be drilled to test a modelled EM conductor.

“We are pleased to report IGO has commenced the field season early with diamond drilling now underway to test several encouraging targets at Lake Mackay,” Managing Director Matt Briggs said.

“This program continues the systematic exploration that has successfully identified copper, gold and nickel-cobalt prospects,” he added.

Prodigy has ended the day 2.5 per cent in the green with shares trading at 4.1 cents in a $23.22 million market cap.

PRX by the numbers
More From The Market Herald

" Gladiator Resources (ASX:GLA) begins exploration at Minjingu

Zeus Resources, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gladiator Resources’ (GLA), has begun exploration activities at the Minjingu Uranium Project.
Mineral Commodities (ASX:MRC) - CEO, Jacob Deysel

" Mineral Commodities (ASX:MRC) updates MRE at Tormin Inland Strands

Mineral Commodities (MRC) has updated the mineral resource estimate (MRE) for the Western Strandline at the Tormin Inland Strands deposit in South Africa.

" Austin Engineering (ASX:ANG) signs contract with Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO)

Austin Engineering (ANG) has signed a five-year mining products and services supply contract with Rio Tinto (RIO).
Dundas Minerals (ASX:DUN) - Managing Director, Shane Volk

" Dundas Minerals (ASX:DUN) to begin WA drilling program

Dundas Minerals (DUN) will begin its maiden drilling program at the Jumbuck nickel and Kokoda gold prospects this coming weekend.