- QX Resources (QXR) plans to ramp up work across its tenement package in the Clermont Goldfields of Central Queensland
- Follow up work is planned to test the historical Lucky Break Mine as well as the Red Dog and Big Red prospects within the area
- Previous results indicate a gold anomaly over a 675-metre mineralised trend southwest of Red Dog
- A trenching program will begin this week to better understand extensions of the known mineralisation, results of which will assist further drilling programs
- Shares have been trading grey at 1.4 cents at 3:06pm AEST
QX Resources (QXR) is reportedly ramping up work across its tenement package in the Clermont Goldfields of Central Queensland.
The company completed a maiden drill program at the historical Lucky Break Mine in July with results confirming extensions of gold mineralisation south and north of the target area.
Infill soil and rock chip sampling was also completed over the Big Red prospect with 250 samples indicating a gold anomaly over a 675-metre mineralised trend southwest of the Red Dog anomaly.
Now, the company has secured a land access agreement and is executing exploration activities across its broader tenement package with an extensive trenching program starting at both the Big Red and Red Dog prospects.
Specifically, QXR is planning to dig between six and eight trenches up to 200 metres in length and two metres deep.
The results will assist in determining the shallow reverse circulation slim line drilling program which is planned to consist of 40 holes up to 60 metres in depth, drilling at 60 degrees.
Follow up work is also planned at Lucky Break, with four trenches aimed to help better understand the northern extension of the known mineralisation.
Channel sampling is also underway on the western part of the historical pit to explore the mineralisation present.
Non-Executive Director Roger Jackson said the company is focused on defining a large gold resource across multiple project areas within its tenements.
“We firmly believe this system is vastly under-explored with two historical gold mines being a good indication that there’s more to be discovered here.”
He said the targets are exciting and the company hopes to complete the work in the next week with follow up drilling expected once the results are received.
Shares were trading grey at 1.4 cents at 3:06pm AEST.