Rox Resources (ASX:RXL) - Managing Director, Alex Passmore
Managing Director, Alex Passmore
Source: Rox Resources
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Rox Resources (RXL) and joint venture partner Venus Metals (VMC) encounter further high-grade gold mineralisation at the Youanmi Gold Project in Western Australia
  • Results come from the shallower parts of the Link area where drilling was undertaken to grow the three million ounce resource of Youanmi
  • To date, drilling has defined a zone of high-grade mineralisation more than 200 metres from historical underground and open pit workings with grades peaking at 4.43g/t gold
  • Rox expects to make an update to the Youanmi near surface resource in mid-April
  • Shares in Rox are steady on the market and are trading at 38 cents

WA gold explorer and developer Rox Resources (RXL) and joint venture partner Venus Metals (VMC) have encountered further high-grade gold mineralisation at the Youanmi Gold Project.

The Youanmi project lies in Western Australia’s Murchison region and Rox owns a 70 per cent interest while Venus holds the remaining 30 per cent.

Results come from the shallower parts of the Link area and near pre-1942 stopes of the historical mine.

Drilling at Link focused on growing the recently reported resource of three million ounces at 3.78 grams per tonne (g/t) gold for Youanmi.

To date, drilling has defined a zone of high-grade mineralisation at Link more than 200 metres from historical underground and open pit workings.

Mineralisation at Link remains open down plunge to the northwest and up plunge to the southeast.

New results include four metres at 4.43g/t gold from 52 metres, four metres at 4.41g/t gold from 128 metres and 10 metres at 1.39g/t gold from 76 metres including two metres at 4.1g/t gold from 84 metres.

Rox said these results continue to add confidence in the near-surface resource model.

Results also come from extensional drilling undertaken down plunge from the historical Hill End underground mine.

Better results include one metre at 13.44g/t gold from 384 metres, two metres at 5.41g/t gold from 286 metres and 0.89 metres at 3.89g/t gold from 344 metres.

Further drilling will likely be completed to target areas where thickening of the mineralised zones occurs.

“The further high-grade results from the Link area will likely contribute to the Youanmi Near Surface Resource,” Managing Director Alex Passmore said.

“Results from near mine drilling further support the company’s belief in the potential for high-grade mineralisation near historic mine development.”

Rox expects to make an update to the Youanmi near surface resource in mid-April.

Shares in Rox were steady on the market and were trading at 38 cents at 11:02 am AEST.

RXL by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Countplus (ASX:CUP) - Incoming CEO, Hugh Humphrey

" Hugh Humphrey appointed CEO of Countplus (ASX:CUP)

Investment services company CountPlus (ASX:CUP) has appointed Hugh Humphrey as the company's CEO, effective July 1.

" ASX employee tests positive for Covid-19

The ASX says an employee has contracted Covid-19.

" ASIC launches official investigation into ASX market outage

The ASX has confirmed today it is officially under investigation from the Australian Securities and Investments…

" ASX sheds more light on last week’s market tech failure

The Australian Securities Exchange has shed some more light on the nature of last week's market…