Source: Rumble Resources
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Rumble Resources (RTR) has expanded its 30,000-metre drilling program at the Earaheedy Project in Western Australia
  • The decision follows the recent 125 per cent increase in the project’s zinc-lead mineralised footprint and pleasing results from the Chinook discovery
  • So far, the company has completed nearly 16,000 metres of reverse circulation and diamond drilling
  • As a result of its early success, the program will be upgraded to 40,000 metres
  • Company shares are up 1.22 per cent to trade at 41.5 cents at 12:06 pm AEST

Rumble Resources (RTR) has expanded its current drilling program at the Earaheedy Project in Western Australia.

Rumble Resources owns a 75 per cent stake in the Earaheedy Project and ASX-lister, Zenith Minerals (ZNC), owns the remaining 25 per cent.

The decision to upgrade drilling follows an announcement made last month regarding a 125 per cent increase in the project’s zinc-lead mineralised footprint.

At that stage, just 2500 metres had been drilled out of the initial 30,000 metres with results returned from four holes drilled at the Chinook zinc-lead discovery.

Drilling intersected 52 metres at 1.78 per cent zinc and lead from 126 metres to end-of-hole, including eight metres at 3.43 per cent zinc and lead as well as 5.1 grams of silver per tonne from 129 metres.

These results confirmed wide zones of mineralisation and significantly expanded the mineralised footprint to three kilometres by 1.8 kilometres.

This also gave the company confidence it could increase the exploration target to between 100 and 120 million tonnes.

So far Rumble has drilled 88 reverse circulation (RC) holes, for 14,988 metres. Assays are pending for 84 of these holes.

In addition, eight diamond holes, for 904 metres, have been drilled and all holes returned less than a 50 per cent core recovery due to water and alternating hard and soft layers within the mineralised zone.

As a result of the program’s initial success, it will be upgraded to 40,000 metres to continue testing the exploration target over the next 12 months.

Alongside drilling, Rumble Resources also completed multiple surveys to better understand the controls of mineralisation and complement the drilling program. Results are now being processed and analysed and further survey work may be warranted.

Company shares were up 1.22 per cent to trade at 41.5 cents at 12:06 pm AEST.

RTR by the numbers
More From The Market Herald

" Tulla Resources (ASX:TUL) eyes off-take and funding deal with Koch Metals

Tulla Resources (ASX:TUL) has signed a heads of agreement with Koch Metals for an ion ore…

" Nova Minerals (ASX:NVA) progresses Estelle over December quarter

Nova Minerals (ASX:NVA) had a busy December quarter, including boosting the total gold estimate at its…

" Mount Gibson Iron (ASX:MGX) reports lower cash and investments of $142 million

Mount Gibson Iron (ASX:MGX) reports lower cash and investments of $142 million in its quarterly report,…

" Australian Gold and Copper (ASX:AGC) hits sulphides at Boxdale, moves to test Carlisle Reefs

Australian Gold and Copper (ASX:AGC) hits zones of sulphides at the Boxdale target within the Moorefield…