- Singapore’s National Environmental Agency says Aeris Environmental's (AEI) Aeris Active disinfectant is effective against Covid-19
- Aeris Active is a viricidal, bactericidal and fungicidal disinfectant with seven-day protection
- Earlier this year, Aeris experienced an increase in Chinese demand for its products
- The company has been ramping up production to meet the rising demand
- Shares in Aeris Environmental are up 12.75 per cent to $0.58, with a market cap of $122.97 million
Singapore’s National Environmental Agency says Aeris Environmental's (AEI) Aeris Active disinfectant is effective against Covid-19.
The country’s National Environmental Agency, which approved the product, is a statutory board under the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources.
Aeris Environmental has a long history in developing environmentally friendly technologies more effective than traditional solutions based on toxic chemicals
Its Aeris Active product is a hospital-grade disinfectant that contains a dual-active biocide compound.
The product is able to provide a broad viricidal, bactericidal and fungicidal solution with ‘residual protection’, enabling an approximate seven-day safeguard after application.
In January this year, Aeris noted in its Quarterly Report that demand for its products in China had significantly increased as the country struggled with the virus outbreak.
The report said that the company “has been in detailed discussions in China with a number of potential partners in significant verticals, covering the full spectrum of Aeris’ product portfolio.”
Aeris Active was originally approved for sale by the Chinese National Health Commission in March 2019, but the company has been ramping up production since the beginning of this year.
Aeris Environmental is now working alongside authorities in Singapore to provide its products and technical support to assist with the Covid-19 epidemic.
The company is continuing to increase its production capacity to meet demand in both China and Singapore, as well as the wider Asia-Pacific region.
Shares in Aeris Environmental are currently up 12.75 per cent to $0.58, with a market cap of $122.97 million.