- SSR Mining (SSR) announces positive exploration results for a 288-hole drill series at its US-based Marigold mine site
- According to SSR, the Marigold mine has a lifespan of more than 10 years, with the results supporting the extension and enhancement of the future of the mine’s plans
- Oxide intercepts included 2.97g/t gold over 71.6 metres and 10.47g/t over 16.8 metres
- This series of work focused on the New Millennium deposit as well as the Trenton Canyon, a site located roughly four kilometres from New Millenium
- SSR shares have been trading down 3.96 per cent and were selling at $24.28
SSR Mining (SSR) has shared positive exploration results at its US-based Marigold mine site.
SSR released results for 288 drill holes, including 275 reverse circulation (RC) and 13 core holes.
According to SSR, the Marigold mine currently has a lifespan of more than 10 years, and the results support the extension and enhancement of the future of the mine’s plans.
Oxide intercepts included 2.97 grams per tonne (g/t) gold over 71.6 metres and 10.47g/t over 16.8 metres.
This series of work focused on the New Millennium deposit, in the area around the Basalt-Antler pit, which historically produced roughly one million ounces at a grade of 0.7g/t.
Best results from New Millennium include 10.47g/t of gold over 16.8 metres, including 18.72g/t of gold over 9.1 metres.
As well as, 7.88g/t of gold over 10.7 metres and 1.51g/t of gold over 22.9 metres, including 2.17g/t of gold over 13.7 metres.
Drilling was also conducted at the Trenton Canyon, a site located roughly four kilometres from New Millenium.
Results from this deposit included 2.97g/t gold over 71.6 metres and 6.53g/t of gold over 12.2 metres including 12.49g/t of gold over 6.1 metres.
“These exploration results highlight the potential to add incremental oxide mineralization to Marigold’s already robust reserve life,” CEO Rod Antal said.
“By focusing on adding ounces proximal to existing infrastructure at New Millennium, we are demonstrating opportunities to build on Marigold’s near and medium-term future, while also continuing to systematically explore the larger property for longer-term targets.
“We are working to expand and accelerate our exploration efforts at Marigold as a precursor to completing an updated Marigold District Master Plan technical report later in 2022”.
SSR shares were down 3.96 per cent and were selling at $24.28 at 1:54 pm AEDT.