Total
0
Shares
Drill rig in Paterson province. Source: Strickland Metals
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Strickland Metals (STK) makes a high-grade zinc-lead discovery at the Iroquois prospect in WA
  • The company drilled five holes and has received assays for two of them which highlight an upper zinc-rich zone and a lower zinc-lead zone of mineralisation
  • Strickland says the extent of mineralisation suggests the primary mineralisation footprint is only going to grow
  • Prior to its 2022 drilling campaign, STK plans to drill up to eight more holes at Iroquois to test for extensions along strike and down dip
  • Company shares are up 37.5 per cent to trade at 9.9 cents at 12:38 pm AEDT

Strickland Metals (STK) has made a high-grade zinc-lead discovery at the Iroquois prospect in Western Australia.

The company drilled five reverse circulation holes, for 940 metres, as part of a first pass program at Iroquois. This prospect is 80 per cent owned by Strickland with the remaining 20 per cent owned by Gibb River Diamonds (GIB).

Positively, all five holes intersected visible zinc-lead mineralisation and assays have been received for two holes which highlighted an upper zinc-rich zone and a lower zinc-lead zone of mineralisation in the fresh rock.

Best results from IQRC001 include 23 metres at 5.5 per cent zinc and lead (combined) from 108 metres, including 14 metres at 4.5 per cent zinc from 108 metres and nine metres at 7 per cent zinc and lead from 135 metres.

Best results from IQRC003 include 12 metres at 5.4 per cent zinc and lead (combined) from 58 metres, including six metres at 6.2 per cent zinc from 58 metres and six metres at 4.6 per cent zinc and lead from 96 metres.

These intersections sit directly along strike from Rumble Resources’ (RTR) Chinook zinc-lead discovery within the Earaheedy project.

CEO Andrew Bray said the mineralisation footprint appeared very substantial as the zones had already been intersected 300 metres along strike and nearly 300 metres down dip.

“This is the first time mineralisation in fresh rock has been tested in the area, with historic shallow drilling targeting only a secondary manganese oxide zone (enriched with zinc and lead) near surface. Given the lateral extent of this mineralisation, it suggests that the primary mineralisation footprint is only going to grow from here.”

Strickland plans to continue drilling the Iroquois prospect given the significance of the new results. The company expects to drill up to eight more holes to test the extensions along strike and down dip ahead of a major drilling campaign in 2022.

Company shares were up 37.5 per cent to trade at 9.9 cents at 12:38 pm AEDT.

STK by the numbers
More From The Market Herald

" AKORA Resources (ASX:AKO) gets pleasing assays from Madagascar project

AKORA Resources (AKO) has received assays from resource drilling at the Bekisopa project in Madagascar.
Carawine Resources (ASX:CWX) - Non Executive Chairman, Will Burbury

" Carawine Resources (ASX:CWX) begins diamond drilling at Red Bull

Carawine Resources (CWX) has begun diamond drilling on two highly significant bedrock conductors at the Red Bull tenement in Western Australia.

" Woomera Mining (ASX:WML) begins Phase 2 drilling at Mt Venn

Precious and base metals explorer Woomera Mining (WML) has launched a Phase 2 reverse circulation drilling program at its Mt Venn Project in
Challenger Exploration (ASX:CEL) - Exploration Manager, Stuart Munroe

" Challenger Exploration (ASX:CEL) extends mineralisation at Sentazon

Challenger Exploration (CEL) has released results from the next eight holes of its drilling program at the Sentazon prospect within the Hualilan gold