D-Sand clean-up and gas flaring at the Walyering-5 well, WA. Source: Strike Energy
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Strike Energy (STX) provides an update as it prepares to commence formal flow testing at Walyering-5 gas well
  • Strike is operator and the holder of a 55 per cent equity interest and Talon Energy (TPD) the other 45 per cent on Walyering Gas Field in Western Australia
  • Strike has mobilised the final pieces of testing equipment at Walyering and is currently rigging up to commence flow tests
  • Strike Energy shares were trading at 32 cents and Talon Energy was unchanged at 1 cent per share this morning

Strike Energy Limited (STX) has mobilised the final pieces of testing equipment and is now rigging up to commence formal flow testing at the Walyering-5 gas well in Western Australia’s Mid West.

Strike will run in and set pressure gauges and perforate the remaining six metres of pay in the D-Sand before starting the test.

The company says once the testing of the D-Sand is complete, a retrievable plug will be run in hole before perforating 10 metres of the C-Sand and flowing it in isolation. This process will be followed for 23m of B-Sand perforations and then 15m of A-Sand perforations.

Upon completion of the individual zonal tests, a comingled test will be performed before retrieving the gauges and suspending the well.

The flow test period has been extended to up to 28 days to support additional pressure data which will facilitate a robust understanding of the reservoir performance. This in turn supports deliverability analysis for gas marketing activities and collection of additional data to maximise the resources and reserves.

Strike will make further disclosure as results come to hand from this testing period.

Strike is operator and holder of a 55 per cent equity interest in the Walyering gas field near Cataby, north of Perth, and Talon Energy (TPD) holds the other 45 per cent.

On behalf of the joint venture, Strike has appointed RISC Advisory to conduct an official review and independent assessment of the Walyering field’s reserves and resources.

RISC has completed its high-level data review and supports the progression to a reserve/resource after inclusion of positive testing data.

Mobilisation of the Ensign 970 rig to the Walyering-6 site is expected to start later this week. It will be followed by a period of rig up, and drilling operations are expected to commence this month.

Strike Energy shares were 32 cents and Talon Energy was trading at 1 cent per share at 9.54am AEST.

STX by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Step One (ASX:STP)- Founder & CEO, Greg Taylor

" Step One Clothing (ASX:STP) shares plummet on slashed revenue and earnings guidance

Shares in Step One Clothing (ASX:STP) have nosedived after the company slashed revenue growth and earnings…
BHP Group (ASX:BHP) - CEO, Mike Henry

" BHP (ASX:BHP) to pay record interim dividend after strong half yearly results

BHP (ASX:BHP) will pay a record interim dividend of US$1.50 (A$2.10) after reporting a strong financial…
Kingfisher Mining (ASX:KFM) - CEO & Executive Director, James Farrell

" Kingfisher Mining (ASX:KFM) completes drilling in WA

Kingfisher Mining (ASX:KFM) has completed drilling at two of its projects in the Gascoyne Mineral Field…

" Ardea Resources (ASX:ARL) confirms nickel-cobalt mineralisation at Goongarrie South

Ardea Resources (ASX:ARL) has confirmed high-grade, near-surface nickel-cobalt mineralisation at the Goongarrie South deposit in WA.