- Sunshine Gold (SHN) has begun a 4000-metre reverse circulation (RC) drilling program at the Ravenswood West project in Queensland
- This program will be a first test of the Bank, Wilburs Hill, Titov North and Titov South targets
- Drilling at Bank will test an IP-chargeability and copper-molybdenum-silver geochemistry while work at Wilburs Hill will aim to determine the mineralogy of a sulphide-rich breccia
- Further, drilling at Titov will test the strike extensions of the main zone to the east and west, and the source of the IP chargeability anomalism and conductivity
- Shares in Sunshine ended the day down 4.17 per cent to close at 2.3 cents each
Sunshine Gold (SHN) has begun a 4000-metre reverse circulation (RC) drilling program at the Ravenswood West project in Queensland.
This program will be a first test of the Bank, Wilburs Hill, Titov North and Titov South targets.
A review of historical work at Bank has identified a coherent and highly-elevated copper and molybdenum soil anomaly.
Historical work intersected up to 49.07 per cent copper, 1793 grams per tonne (g/t) silver, 2077 parts per million (ppm) molybdenum and 0.24g/t gold.
Sunshine Gold’s upcoming drilling program will test the Devil’s Elbow Fault which is coincident with an IP-chargeability and outcropping quartz-copper-molybdenum veining.
The company will also test copper-molybdenum-silver geochemistry around the Barrabas porphyry.
While the Wilburs Hill Target is untested, field mapping has identified volcanic host rocks with historical rock chips assaying up to 3.21 per cent lead, 0.28 per cent zinc and 0.56g/t gold.
Two RC holes will be drilled to determine the thickness, orientation and mineralogy of the breccias and to provide samples for geochemical classification.
Previous drilling at Titov intersected thick intervals of copper and molybdenum mineralisation with up to 5.93 per cent copper and 1.12 per cent molybdenum intersected.
An IP survey confirmed the main mineralised zone is associated with a chargeability high and coincident resistivity low.
RC drilling will test strike extensions to the east and west of the Main Titov zone, the source of the IP chargeability anomalism at Titov South and the source of the IP conductivity and rock chips and Titov North.
Shares in Sunshine were down 4.17 per cent to end the day at 2.3 cents.