- Suvo Strategic Minerals (SUV) signs an agreement with Rezel Catalysts for the supply of SUV’s refined kaolin products
- SUV and Rezel are defining the terms of a 5- to 10-year supply agreement for up to 10,000 tonnes per annum from Suvo’s Pittong Operation
- The kaolin producer recently supplied samples to Rezel which met all of its benchmarks, with plans now underway to develop specialised products
- The companies will also test SUV’s White Cloud kaolin, while today’s agreement helps underpin Suvi’s planned expansion of its Pittong Operations
- Suvo Strategic Minerals are up 3.03 per cent at 17 cents each
Suvo Strategic Minerals (SUV) has signed an agreement with Rezel Catalysts for the supply of SUV’s refined kaolin products.
SUV and Rezel have signed a memorandum of understanding to define the terms of a 5- to 10-year supply agreement for up to 10,000 tonnes per annum of kaolin.
The product would primarily come from Suvo’s Piutton Operation near Ballarat, in Victoria, after samples from Pittong were successfully tested by Rezel.
The Global Catalysts and Molecular Sieve producer has already bought 1000 tonnes of Suvo’s refined kaolin product.
The two companies also plan to test SUV’s White Cloud kaolin, as they look to create catalyst-grade premium kaolin products and technical solutions.
Rezel Catalysts Founder Zhuo Runsheng said he was pleased to begin negotiations with Suvo.
“We are extremely satisfied with the quality of Suvo products, and would like to establish a long-term and stable partnership with them moving forward,” Dr Runsheng said.
“We will continue to expand bilateral cooperation with them, both technically and commercially, not only on Suvo’s Pittong Operations but potentially their White Cloud kaolin project also.”
Meanwhile, Suvo Executive Chairman Robert Martin said the agreement would underpin any future decision around expanding Pittong.
“This agreement not only highlights the high tech markets that can be addressed with both Pittong and potentially White Cloud products, it also significantly underpins the upgrades we are currently reviewing for our Pittong operations,” Mr Martin said.
Shares in Suvo Strategic Minerals were trading up 3.03 per cent at 17 cents per share at 11:00 am AEST.