Total
0
Shares
Source: Gladys Berejiklian Facebook Page.
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • The Strathfield, Burwood and Bayside areas of Sydney will be subject to additional restrictions, after another triple-digit day of new cases
  • NSW recorded 345 new cases on Thursday, with restricted movement orders now in place for the suburbs where COVID-19 is spreading
  • The Hunter and New England regions of NSW will also have their lockdown extended for another week after new cases are detected in the regions
  • Victorian officials say 21 new local cases of the virus have been recorded overnight, with Melbourne’s lockdown set to run for another week
  • The State’s Jobs Minister announced another $367 million worth of support for businesses affected by Melbourne’s sixth straight lockdown

The Strathfield, Burwood and Bayside areas of Sydney will be subject to additional restrictions, after another day of triple-digit new COVID-19 cases.

NSW recorded 345 new cases on Thursday from more than 150,000 tests, with restricted movement orders now in place for the suburbs where COVID-19 has been spreading.

Residents in those area won’t be able to travel more than five kilometers to work, exercise or shop until case numbers subside.

The Hunter and New England regions of NSW will also have their lockdown extended for another week after new cases of COVID-19 were detected.

A number of regional towns across the state have been placed in lockdown over the last month, and Premier Gladys Berejiklian said unfortunately some areas were still finding new cases.

“In terms of regional New South Wales, pleasingly Armidale, Tamworth and Northern Rivers continue to have zero cases,” Ms Berejiklian said.

“Unfortunately the same isn’t the case for Hunter and New England where there has been a number of cases overnight and as a response to that, NSW Health has recommended that those areas which are currently in lockdown be extended by another week.”

Victorian officials announced there were 21 new local cases of the virus recorded in the state overnight, with Melbourne’s lockdown set to run for another week.

The State’s Jobs Minister has also announced another $367 million worth of support for businesses affected by Melbourne’s sixth straight lockdown.

Martin Pakula said the funds would be directed to the 100,000 businesses across the city which were struggling to stay afloat.

“We have put $1.4 billion plus into bank accounts since the May-June lockdown commenced, so that is the benefit of the automatic payment process that we are undertaking for the vast majority of businesses that are receiving our support,” Mr Pakula said.

“There are three key elements of the package, two of which involve automatic payments and the third a further boost to the hardship fund which I’m pleased to say will open today.”

More From The Market Herald

" Evergrande misses third round of bond payments

One of China’s largest property developer and owner Evergrande has missed its third round of bond payments in three weeks as competitor property
Woolworths Group (ASX:WOW) - CEO, Brad Banducci)

" Coles (ASX:COL) and Woolworths (ASX:WOW) announce mandatory vax policy

Supermarket giants Coles (COL) and Woolworths (WOW) are introducing mandatory vaccination policies for their staff across Australia.

" Senate inquiry report offers roadmap for Australia to lead crypto-asset industry

Following two interim findings given in September 2020 and April 2021, the Senate Select Committee on Australia as a Technology and Financial Centre

" UK and New Zealand slash tariffs in new trade deal

New Zealand and the United Kingdom have this week struck a free trade deal that will see major tariffs from both nations slashed