- Tesoro Resources (TSO) has identified a large, gold-bearing vein system at the Buzzard prospect within the El Zorro Gold Project in Chile
- This major gold system covers an area which is 1.1 kilometres long and 750 metres wide, and open in all directions
- The miner has also received positive channel sampling results which include grades of up to 7.06g/t gold
- The Buzzard prospect is emerging as a new gold target at El Zorro and adds further strike to the Ternera and Toro Blanco prospects
- Tesoro is planning an infill and extension drilling program at Ternera for next month
- Company shares are currently trading 23.8 per cent higher at 6.3 cents each
Tesoro Resources (TSO) has identified a large, gold-bearing vein system at the Buzzard prospect within the El Zorro Gold Project in Chile.
This gold system was identified over an area of approximately 1100 metres long and 750 metres wide and is open in all directions.
Tesoro recently completed channel and rock chip sampling at Buzzard which further confirmed the potential of the El Zorro Gold Project.
Significant results include three metres at 5.23g/t gold, six metres at 7.06g/t gold, one metre at 2.55g/t gold, one metre at 2.23g/t gold, and three metres at 1.16g/t gold.
“The early-stage results from Buzzard further demonstrate the potential of the El Zorro gold system with gold now identified over five kilometres of strike at multiple prospects,” Managing Director Zeff Reeves said.
The Buzzard prospect is located roughly two kilometres south of the main Ternera prospect and hosted by a different geological unit. However, the gold-bearing vein systems and faults are a similar orientation to those at Ternera.
“The Buzzard vein system is extensive, and these results have highlighted large-scale potential, which will require additional work to further understand,” Zeff added.
The company has almost finalised a drilling plan for an infill and extensional drill program at Ternera. This program aimed at defining and expanding the Ternera prospect. Drilling is expected to begin next month.
Tesoro’s shares are trading 23.8 per cent higher at 6.3 cents each in early morning trade.