- Torian Resources (TNR) has extended the Mt Stirling Gold System to over 1.1 kilometres, and it remains open in multiple directions
- The Western Australian project has been subject to extensive drilling, which has yielded positive results and continued to extend the mineralised strike
- Executive Director Peretz Schapiro says reaching one kilometre represents a significant milestone alongside even more achievements
- One of these being the discovery of a western zone to the southeast, which will be tested in upcoming drilling program
- Additionally, Torian is preparing to upgrade the Mt Stirling resource by the end of this month
- Company shares are up 7.14 per cent and are trading at 4.5 cents
Torian Resources (TNR) has confirmed the Mt Stirling Gold System extends for over 1.1 kilometres and remains open in multiple directions.
The Western Australian project has been subject to extensive reverse circulation and diamond drilling which has yielded positive results and continued to extend the mineralised strike.
Recent results include four metres at 3.14g/t gold from 184 metres and 18 metres at 1.72g/t gold from 218 metres including 10 metres at 2.63g/t gold from 218 metres at one metre at 6.59g/t gold from 221 metres.
"Cracking one kilometre of strike at Mt Stirling represents a significant milestone for our company," Executive Director Peretz Schapiro said.
"With each batch of results received, it becomes clearer and clearer to us that we're sitting on something quite substantial at Mt Stirling," he added.
In addition, Torian has discovered a new western zone at the southeastern end of the project. The company plans to test this new zone in an upcoming drilling program.
Further, Torian Resources is preparing to report an interim JORC resource estimate by the end of this month.
The inferred mineral resource currently sits at 727,021 tonnes at 1.45g/t gold for 33,893 ounces. The upgraded resource will include results that have been delayed but are expected to be received this month.
"2021 is shaping up to be an exciting year for our company as we anticipate significant news flow over the coming weeks and months," Peretz concluded.
Company shares are up 7.14 per cent and are trading at 4.5 cents at 10:52 am AEST.