- Torian Resources (TNR) receives all the initial results from its regional drilling program at the Diorite Block in Western Australia
- All up, 21 holes were drilled across the Diorite East and Diorite North blocks to target geochemistry and lithological contacts
- Overall, grades peaked at 2.19g/t gold from Diorite East and 4.66g/t gold from Diorite North
- Reverse circulation drilling will be undertaken at both blocks to test the extensions of the mineralisation
- Torian is up 3.85 per cent on the market with shares trading at 2.7 cents at 10:44 am AEST
Torian Resources (TNR) has now received all initial results from its regional drilling program at the Diorite Block at the Mt Stirling Project.
The Mt Stirling Project lies 40 kilometres northwest of Leonora in Western Australia and consists of the Mt Stirling Block in the north and the Diorite Block in the south.
All up 21 holes, for 2683 metres, were drilled across Diorite East and Diorite North.
A total of 11 holes, for 1254 metres, were drilled at Diorite East with a 460-metre target zone discovered.
A peak result of one metre at 2.19 grams of gold per tonne (g/t) from eight metres and one metre at 0.96g/t gold from 80 metres.
Further reverse circulation (RC) drilling will be undertaken to test the strike extensions and down-dip continuity of the mineralisation.
The remaining 10 holes, for 1429 metres, were drilled at Diorite North and target geochemistry and lithological contacts.
Results include one metre t 4.66g/t gold from 109 metres at four metres at 0.47g/t gold from four metres.
Follow up RC drilling was also undertaken to test the strike extensions and explore the continuity of the gold mineralisation to depth.
Executive Director Peretz Schapiro is encouraged by the results and is looking forward to undertaking RC drilling.
“As this campaign was essentially Greenfield exploration, we are highly encouraged that we have uncovered a number of structures and gold intercepts that warrant follow up drilling,” Mr Schapiro said.
“We are excited to further progress the exploration of the Diorite Block with another RC drilling campaign which is scheduled to begin this week.”
Torian was up 3.85 per cent on the market with shares trading at 2.7 cents at 10:44 am AEST.