- WA-focused gold explorer Torque Metals (TOR) appoints Senior Geoscientist Cristian Moreno as CEO, effective immediately
- Mr Moreno specialises in the emerging field of advanced machine learning and has more than five years of international experience
- He has worked in various roles including as exploration and project geologists for gold exploration and producing companies as well as oil and gas companies
- Torque will also be undertaking a $3 million placement and will use the funds to extend its current drilling program at Paris and generate future drill targets
- Shares in Torque have been trading steady at 22.5 cents since April 12
WA-focused gold explorer Torque Metals (TOR) has appointed Senior Geoscientist Cristian Moreno as CEO, effective immediately.
Mr Moreno specialises in the emerging field of advanced machine learning and has more than five years of international experience.
He has worked in various roles including as an exploration and project geologist for gold exploration and producing companies, as well as oil and gas companies.
Most recently he was Mine and Project Geologist for Australian gold producer RED5, and was geophysical and geological manager for BGP China National Petroleum Corporation.
At Torque, Mr Moreno played an important role in the development of the company’s successful drilling campaign at the Paris gold project.
Torque has also announced it has received commitments to raise roughly $3 million via a share placement.
A total of 15 million new fully-paid ordinary shares will be issued to sophisticated and professional investors at 20 cents.
The money will be used to extend Torque’s current drilling program at Paris and generate future drill targets.
“Our ongoing RC drilling campaign continues to return strong results, enhancing our model of a large-scale and high grade gold corridor at the Paris project,” Chairman Ian Finch said.
“Additionally, recent EM surveying and reprocessing of historical results has increased the potential for our ground to host nickel mineralisation and further work is planned to investigate this opportunity.
“Coinciding with the placement, I am also thrilled to welcome Cristian Moreno as CEO of the company. As Chief Geoscientist, Cristian has played an integral part in Torque’s hugely successful exploration campaign and in this new role he will have further authority to use his extensive experience to accelerate and expand our activities.”
Shares in Torque have been trading steady at 22.5 cents since April 12.