- Product authentication company, YPB Group (YPB) has had additional technology patents approved by the U.S. Patent Office
- The claims extend the coverage of the company’s MotifMicro family of patents
- Micro Motif is the company’s product authentication technology which identifies whether or not something is a counterfeit
- YPB Group says the approval of the additional patents will help fund the development of the second generation of Micro Motif in 2020
- Company shares are trading 7.14 per cent higher for 0.8 cents each
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has approved additional technology claims by product authentication company, YPB Group (YPB).
The claims extend the coverage of the company’s MotifMicro family of patents.
Micro Motif is the company’s authentication technology which scans a product and identifies whether it is authentic or a counterfeit. Smartphones can also be used to carry out the authentication.
It works in combination with the company’s ProtectCode, a hidden QR code with a unique identifier embedded on the product or packaging.
The Notice of Allowance for MIT Case No: 15231L “Rare Earth Spatial/Spectral Microparticle Barcodes for Labelling of Objects and Tissues, under US Application No.: 15/387,889” was issued on November 26 and announced to shareholders today.
The company said the allowance may help fund the development of the second generation of Micro Motif in 2020.
Furthermore, YPB Group said in a statement they believe the practice of individual product identification, or serialisation, will become common practice due to consumer demand for certified authenticity and provenance.
The company is focusing on advancing in product authentication for dairy, cannabis, alcohol and cosmetics products, particularly in Asia.
YPB shares trading 7.14 per cent higher for 0.8 cents each at 2:41pm.