- Vimy Resources (VMY) appoints Dr Tony Chamberlain as its Chief Operating Officer
- The incoming COO comes with 25 years’ experience in the mining industry, having first joined Vimy as an executive in 2014
- His most recent role saw him lead a definitive feasibility study for the Mardie Salt and Potash Project for BCI Minerals
- Dr Chamberlain will step into his new role from February 2022 and will hand over the reins as Non-Executive Director once a replacement has been found
- Vimy Resources are in the grey at 23.5 cents
Vimy Resources (VMY) has appointed Tony Chamberlain as its Chief Operating Officer.
Dr Chamberlain first joined Vimy as an executive in 2014, where he took the Mulga Rock Project from concept to a definitive feasibility study in under four years. The incoming COO was also instrumental in negotiating and acquiring the Alligator River Project from Cameco in March 2018.
Since 2019, Dr Chamberlain has been the Project Director and COO at BCI Minerals (BCI) where he led the definitive feasibility and optimised bankable feasibility studies for the Mardie Salt and Potash Project.
He later joined the Vimy board as Non-Executive Director in February 2019.
“I am excited to welcome Tony back to the executive team at Vimy as Chief Operating Officer,” said Vimy’s Executive Director and CEO, Steven Michael.
“Tony’s knowledge of the Mulga Rock Project is second to none and he brings a wealth of experience in delivering major projects from DFS through to financing and construction.”
Vimy’s goal for 2022 is to complete a bankable feasibility study for the Mulga Rock Project, along with project financing activities and the continuation of ongoing early works.
Planning has also begun on a resource extension drilling program at the Angulari deposit located in the Alligator River Project.
Dr Chamberlain will step into his new role from February 2022, and will hand over the reins as Non-Executive Director once a replacement has been found.
Vimy Resources were in the grey at 23.5 cents at 2:00 pm AEDT.