- Science-based wellness company Wellfully (WFL) is teaming up with Dolce Cann Global to create cannabinoid products using its drug delivery system
- Dolce's cannabis strains have strong anti-inflammatory traits
- The partnership is initially focusing on developing cannabinoids products to treat inflammatory disorders, arthritis, rosacea and muscle recovery
- If successful, the companies will sign a joint venture agreement and create products for skincare and cosmeceutical markets
- Wellfully is in the grey on the market this morning and is trading at 13.5 cents
Wellfully (WFL) has entered a medicinal cannabis product development partnership with NSW-based Dolce Cann Global.
Under the agreement, the companies plan on developing cannabinoid products using Wellfully's patented drug delivery system.
The partnership is an initial trial period for joint research and development, which, if successful, could potentially turn into a joint venture.
Dolce will bring its unique cannabis strains to the table, which boast strong anti-inflammatory traits.
The partnership is initially focused on developing cannabinoids products to treat inflammatory disorders, arthritis, rosacea and muscle recovery, as well as cosmeceutical and skincare products.
The first stage will involve developing cannabinoids products for patches, gels, creams and oils for medicinal and nutraceutical purposes.
Meanwhile, stage two will revolve around creating a joint venture and developing products for skincare and cosmeceutical markets.
Wellfully CEO Paul Peros believes the collaboration has the potential to open new opportunities for cannabinoid product delivery and application.
"The partnership will allow us to deliver the unique Dolce strains, using the newly discovered cannabinoids which research is showing to be much stronger in terms of anti-inflammatory properties than CBD, using our unique technological delivery system to create new products for the cannabis market," he said
"The early-stage research into Dolce’s cannabis strains have presented us with exciting results and we are proud to be working with Dolce and its partners to develop cannabinoid products that can meet growing consumer interest and demand as the medicinal properties of cannabinoids continue to be highlighted," he added.
Wellfully is in the grey on the market this morning and is trading at 13.5 cents at 10:28 am AEDT.