- Wisr (WZR) will run a national brand campaign throughout the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games which is being broadcast by Seven West Media (SWM)
- The Australian non-bank lender launched the ‘For your smart part’ campaign as part of the company’s wider rebranding effort
- It says the message conveys WZR’s financial wellness purpose, with a new company website also launched in May
- WZR didn’t say how much it was spending to be an Olympic sponsor but labelled the ad opportunity as rare, impactful and cost-effective
- Company shares are trading steady at 28 cents each
Wisr (WZR) will run a national brand campaign throughout the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
The games are being broadcast by Seven West Media (SWM), and WZR has signed on to be both a digital and broadcast sponsor.
The sponsorship would give the Australian non-bank lender a chance to further launch its new ‘For your smart part’ campaign.
The campaign forms part of Wisr’s wider rebranding effort, which aims to convey the company’s financial wellness purpose.
WZR also launched a new website in May in support of the re-brand, placing all of its tools, products, and resources from its platform online.
The fintech business hasn’t stated how much its Olympic sponsorship cost, but CEO Anthony Nantes said it was a rare and cost-effective opportunity.
“There is no greater audience, or event, that delivers a better return on investment than the Olympic Games, with a huge reach into Australian homes, concentrated in a few action-packed weeks of high excitement and emotion,” Mr Nantes said.
“From a brand perspective, it offers a rare, ultra-impactful and cost-effective
outcome, as we introduce millions of Australians to a smarter, fairer experience underpinned by a groundbreaking customer experience that improves financial wellness.”
Company shares were trading steady at 28 cents each at 12:20 pm AEST.