- Zeotech (ZEO) completes first bench-scale continuous closed-loop circuit, reportedly using kaolin feedstock
- The products are known as synthetic zeolite, used as molecular sieves with environmentally friendly applications
- The company claims the success of the program is a significant step in progressing its dual-feed program
- It also claims construction and commissioning of a pilot plant is on track to commence early Q1 2022
- Shares are trading 1.05 per cent lower at 9.4 cents
Zeotech (ZEO), has completed its first bench-scale continuous closed-loop circuit which utilised kaolin feedstock to produce pure Linde type A synthetic zeolite product.
Zeolite products are made by the company and act as molecular sieves. The company says they have a range of purposes which play an important role in a cleaner and safer environment.
Zeolite claims the success of the program is a significant step in progressing its dual-feed program. It says its developing the configuration and design data required for scale-up to pilot line construction and commissioning, which is scheduled to commence early Q1 2022.
The mineral processing technology company undertook over 110 optimisation batch tests using Toondoon kaolin and lithium process by-product samples, undertaken since May of this year.
Over 30 continuous tests were also completed on individual process steps, involving leaching, filtration, decanting, and precipitation.
According to Zeolite, its focus for the remainder of 2021 is aimed at further optimising process steps targeted at achieving a continuous closed-loop circuit utilising lithium process by-product.
It also claims plant and equipment procurement is underway, with construction and commissioning of a pilot plant on track to commence early Q1 2022.
Shares were trading 1.05 per cent in the red at 9.4 cents at 3:08 pm AEDT.