African Energy Resources (ASX:AFR) - CEO, Frazer Tabeart
CEO, Frazer Tabeart
Source: 121 Mining Investment TV
Market Herald logo

Find out more about this capital raise

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • African Energy Resources (AFR) enters a trading halt to undertake a capital raise
  • The energy stock is also finalising a joint venture agreement but hasn’t disclosed who with
  • AFR has an existing joint venture deal with First Quantum Minerals as well as a complete ownership of two Botswana-based projects
  • The company expects to remain in the trading halt until no later than Tuesday, August 17
  • Company shares last traded at 2.5 cents on Thursday, August 12

African Energy Resources (AFR) has entered a trading halt to undertake a capital raise.

The energy stock also announced it will finalise a joint venture (JV) agreement however no other details on the capital raise or JV have been disclosed.

African Energy Resources owns a 100 per cent interest in two coal projects in Botswana. It also has an existing joint venture deal with First Quantum Minerals (FQM). This JV was formed in 2014 for the Sese Project which AFR owns a 33.3 per cent stake in and the other 66.7 per cent is owned by FQM.

The company was also recently granted five tenements in Western Australia and the company is undertaking field work at two project areas during this quarter.

In the three months ending June 30, the company spent $213,000 on operating activities and generated $101,000 from investments.

At the end of the June quarter, AFR had around $1.1 million in cash and an estimated 5.2 quarters left of available funding.

African Energy Resources expects to remain in the trading halt until no later than Tuesday, August 17.

Company shares last traded at 2.5 cents on Thursday, August 12.

AFR by the numbers
More From The Market Herald

" GWR Group (ASX:GWR) to launch fresh cap raise

Junior miner GWR Group (ASX:GWR) has started the week in a trading halt as it prepares…

" Artemis Resources (ASX:ARV) enters trading halt for capital raise and dual listing

Artemis Resources (ASX:ARV) has entered a trading halt regarding a capital raise and proposed dual AIM…

" Austin Metals (ASX:AYT) halts trade, eyes fresh capital

Austin Metals (ASX:AYT) has placed its shares in a trading halt in regards to an upcoming…
iSynergy Group (ASX:IS3) - CEO, Lawrence Teo

" I Synergy Group (ASX:IS3) raises capital for upcoming acquisition

I Synergy Group (ASX:IS3) commences the week in a trading halt as it plans a capital…