Existing Whim Creek crushing circuit. Source: Anax Metals
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Anax Metals (ANX) has appointed Gekko Systems to assist with the design process of a polymetallic sulphide concentrator plant at Whim Creek
  • The company completed a scoping study for the plant which will be designed to process 320,000 tonnes per year of pre-concentrate material
  • Appointing Gekko is a key step in Anax’s upcoming definitive feasibility study, which is expected to be completed in the June quarter
  • Company shares have ended the day 4.35 per cent in the red to close at 8.8 cents

Anax Metals (ANX) has appointed Gekko Systems as the consultant for a process plant at Whim Creek.

The Whim Creek Copper Project is located in Western Australia’s Pilbara region. Anax owns an 80 per cent interest in the project with the remaining 20 per cent held by Venturex Resources.

The company completed a scoping study for the polymetallic sulphide concentrator plant in August last year. The study outlined the plant will process 320,000 tonnes per year of pre-concentrate, with feedstock made up of primary sorted ore and upgraded fines from the gravity circuit.

Founded in Victoria in 1996, Gekko specialises in gold processing and low-energy mining solutions and was appointed to assist with the design process of the concentrator plant which is a key step in Anax completing a definitive feasibility study (DFS).

So far, Anax’s plan for the design of the plant and associated infrastructure is that it may be fabricated and assembled on skids, in a factory, prior to transportation and installation. The company said this strategy reduces site related construction risks.

“We are very pleased to be working with the Gekko team and look forward to delivering a cost effective modular plant for Whim Creek. Modularisation is a key element of the ‘Anax Blueprint’ which is expected to deliver leveraged outcomes to our projects,” Managing Director Geoff Laing said.

The DFS is expected to be completed in the June quarter.

Company shares ended the day 4.35 per cent in the red to close at 8.8 cents.

ANX by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Countplus (ASX:CUP) - Incoming CEO, Hugh Humphrey

" Hugh Humphrey appointed CEO of Countplus (ASX:CUP)

Investment services company CountPlus (ASX:CUP) has appointed Hugh Humphrey as the company's CEO, effective July 1.

" ASX employee tests positive for Covid-19

The ASX says an employee has contracted Covid-19.

" ASIC launches official investigation into ASX market outage

The ASX has confirmed today it is officially under investigation from the Australian Securities and Investments…

" ASX sheds more light on last week’s market tech failure

The Australian Securities Exchange has shed some more light on the nature of last week's market…