Total
0
Shares
Auroch Minerals (ASX:AOU) - Managing Director, Aidan Platel
Managing Director, Aidan Platel
Source: The Market Herald
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Auroch Minerals (AOU) announce results from its second diamond drill hole at the Nepean Deeps target which is part of the 80 per cent-owned Nepean nickel project in WA
  • AOU intersects a 76-metre thick ultramafic unit with 12.5 metres of disseminated and matrix to semi-massive nickel sulphide mineralisation
  • Auroch says the ultramafic unit highlights the untested potential of Nepean beneath the historical workings and beneath the level of historical exploration
  • Drill hole NPDD013 has so far been drilled to a 675-metre depth with the company prepared to dig as deep as 800 metres
  • Auroch shares are sitting steady at 14 cents apiece

Auroch Minerals (AOU) has announced results from its second diamond drill hole at the Nepean Deeps target in Western Australia.

The company owns an 80 per cent interest and is the operator of the Nepean nickel project with fellow ASX-lister, Lodestar Minerals (LSR) owning the remaining 20 per cent.

AOU intersected a 76-metre thick ultramafic unit with 12.5 metres of disseminated and matrix to semi-massive nickel sulphides from 576.8 metres, within a 76.15-metre intersection of ultramafics from 534.65 metres to 610.80 metres down-hole.

Drill hole NPDD013 has been drilled to a 675-metre depth with the company prepared to dig as deep as 800 metres to test for further intersections.

A ground survey over the Nepean North Prospect has progressed well, with five lines completed and preliminary results already identifying strong chargeability anomalies.

The intersected sulphides are pyrrhotite dominant, with both pentlandite and chalcopyrite observed in the semi-massive to matrix sulphides.

Managing Director Aiden Platel said the company was extremely pleased to have intersected nickel sulphide mineralisation.

“The ultramafic unit we’ve intersected is a lot thicker than the correlating ultramafic intersected in the first hole NPDD008, and really highlights the untested potential of Nepean beneath the historic workings and beneath the level of historic exploration,” he said.

“The mineralised drill core will be sampled and rushed to the lab for assaying, and we look forward to announcing those results to the market when they are received. In the meantime, the drilling continues, as does the ground IP survey at the regional Nepean North prospect, which we believe will generate significant new targets for the next drilling campaign.”

Auroch shares have sat steady at 14 cents apiece at 2:18 pm AEDT.

AOU by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
The Market Herald Video

" Security Matters (ASX:SMX): Addressing fashion’s $40-billion problem

Australian company Security Matters is taking the lead in helping the fashion industry’s attempts to address a $40-billion problem.
Adriatic Metals PLC (ASX:ADT) - CEO, Paul Cronin

" Adriatic Metals (ASX:ADT) releases silver assays for Rupice Mineral Resource

Adriatic Metals (ADT) has released silver assays for its wholly-owned Vares Silver Project in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Turaco Gold (ASX:TCG) -Managing Director, Justin Tremain

" Turaco Gold (ASX:TCG) receives results from Bouake North

Turaco Gold (TCG) has received results from its recently completed auger drilling program at the Bouake North prospect in Côte d’Ivoire.
Ensurance (ASX:ENA) - Incoming Non-executive Chairman, Tony Leibowitz

" Ensurance (ASX:ENA) appoints new CEO

Ensurance (ENA) has appointed Mr Tom Kent as CEO, effective from January 1, 2022.