Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Ausmex Mining has hired an independent expert to review and interpret the latest Little Duke Diamond Core
  • Professor Ken Collerson defined that Ausmex holds mining leases that include previously mined high-grade gold and copper mines
  • A second mining lease application for Little Duke is currently being prepared for submission to the QLD Mines Department
  • Ausmex shares are steady, trading for 10.5 cents apiece

Ausmex Mining has recently engaged independent expert, Professor Ken Collerson to review the Little Duke Diamond Core.

Professor Ken defined that Ausmex holds mining leases that include the historic Mt Freda and the previously mined high-grade gold and copper mines of Evening Star and Canteen.

He also identified that units of tuffisite (rocks) that cross-cut Soldiers Cap Group lithologies have been identified in cores from Little Duke.

These tuffisite breccias are similar in appearance to tuffisites pipes previously located from the Evening Star and Mt Freda prospects.

This played an important role in mineralisation as they provided a channel for metal transport.

The presence of the metal-rich breccias indicate that Little Duke and Evening Star are close to the magmatic metal source that produced high-grade gold and cobalt-copper mineralisation in the area.

Recent diamond core from Little Duke contains similar sulphide-rich units between 119 and 120 metres and then again at 132 metres.

Ausmex is now progressing towards a combined maiden JORC resource estimate for the Mt Freda Complex by late November 2019.

It’s also aiming to begin a mining study for Mt Freda in early December and this study will be aided and advanced by the company’s existing knowledge and access to all necessary mining conditions in the original Mt Freda pit.

Ausmex has previously also announced a 225 hectare Golden Mile mining lease application submitted to the QLD Mines Department over the current Golden Mile projects.

The Golden Mile is a joint venture project with Round Oak Minerals in which Ausmex holds 80 per cent and Round Oak the remaining 20 per cent.

Following the latest positive results from the Little Duke project, a second mining lease application at the Little Duke Project is currently being prepared for submission to the QLD Mines Department.

Ausmex’s share price is steady, trading for 10.5 cents apiece at 12:44 pm AEDT.

AMG by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Gold Road Resources (ASX:GOR) - Managing Director & CEO, Duncan Gibbs

" Gold Road Resources (ASX:GOR) contracts APA Group (ASX:APA) to increase WA mine’s power capacity

Gold Road Resources (ASX:GOR) and Gold Fields' subsidiary, Gruyere Mining, have reported on initiatives to increase…

" Emu (ASX:EMU) reports high-grade gold at Bajda

Emu (ASX:EMU) has reported high-grade gold intercepts from its Badja project near Yalgoo in Western Australia.

" Besra Gold (ASX:BEZ) commences drilling at Bekajang

Besra Gold (ASX:BEZ) ramps up drilling at its Bau gold project in Malaysia as the rig…

" Magnetite Mines (ASX:MGT) secures $15.8m in rights issue

Magnetite Mines (ASX:MGT) has secured $15.8 million after closing its renounceable pro-rata rights issue to eligible…