- Azure Minerals (AZS) defines three zones of nickel at the Ridgeline deposit within the Andover project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia
- Extensional and infill drilling is ongoing at the deposit to support a mineral resource estimate and has so far hit shoots of semi-massive to massive sulphides
- While further assays are pending, AZS reports further visual strongly mineralised sulphide-rich intersections
- Once drilling at Ridgeline is complete, it will move to Seaview and Skyline, at the same time project-wide geological mapping and rock chip sampling programs are underway
- Company shares are up 5.13 per cent to trade at 20.5 cents at 10:47 pm AEST
Azure Minerals (AZS) has defined three zones of nickel at the Ridgeline deposit within the Andover project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
The base and precious metals explorer holds a 60 per cent interest in the project and has been undertaking extensional and infill drilling at the deposit to support a mineral resource estimate.
From the 53 drill holes completed so far, two parallel, northwest-plunging shoots have been defined at the base of the host intrusion within the central part of the Ridgeline deposit, comprising broad zones of semi-massive to massive sulphides containing high-grade nickel mineralisation.
A third shoot has been intersected in a second, separate upper horizon, located approximately north of the basal Ridgeline mineralisation.
Assay results include just over 21 metres at 1.2 per cent nickel, 0.6 per cent copper and 0.06 per cent cobalt from 498.8 metres downhole.
While further assays are pending, AZS reported several drillholes intersected substantial quantities of visible disseminated, heavily disseminated, matrix, semi-massive and massive sulphide mineralisation.
Azure Managing Director Tony Rovira said the results so far are encouraging.
“It’s exciting that drilling at Ridgeline continues to intersect substantial nickel and
copper sulphide mineralisation,” he said.
“The widest and highest-grade parts of the deposit are contained within two steeply plunging, strongly mineralised shoots that demonstrate significant vertical extent and remain unconstrained up and down plunge.”
Drilling is continuing at Ridgeline and once complete, will move to other known occurrences of mineralisation at the Seaview and Skyline deposits and also follow up anomalism at Atrium and Pipeline.
Project-wide geological mapping and rock chip sampling programs are also underway, focused on detailed exploration of the Southern Mineralised Corridor between Andover and Seaview and better defining this prospective horizon further to the northeast.
Downhole electromagnetic surveying is ongoing and surface fixed-loop electromagnetic
surveying is planned to recommence later this month, focusing on areas where gossans and nickel copper sulphides have been mapped at surface.
Company shares were up 5.13 per cent to trade at 20.5 cents at 12:47 pm AEST.