- Encounter Resources (ENR) has provided updates regarding the recent four hole program at its Lamil Copper-Gold Project in WA
- Two of the holes from this program were drilled at Target 2 to test anomalies along an 800 metre strike length
- Both of these holes intersected wide zones of metasediments
- One hole was then priority sampled by fire assay to determine initial gold results
- It returned a peak result of 0.62 grammes per tonne gold
- Gold processing from all four holes is now continuing and results are expected in June
- Encounter is steady on the market today and shares are trading for 11 cents each
Encounter Resources (ENR) has provided updates regarding the recent four hole program at its Lamil Copper-Gold Project.
The Lamil Project covers an area of 61 square kilometres and is located in the Paterson Province of Western Australia.
It is situated 25 kilometres northwest of Newcrest’s major copper-gold mine, Telfer.
In the later half of 2019, airborne electromagnetic (EM) and induced polarisation (IP) surveys were completed at Lamil.
This work significantly enhanced the geological and structural interpretation of Lamil and highlighted the targets that were explored in this most recent program.
Two of the recent diamond holes, ETG0203 and ETG0204, were drilled at Target 2 to test chargeability anomalies along an 800 metre long trend.
Both of these holes intersected wide zones of brecciated, fractured and intercalated metasediments.
A section of hole ETG0203 was then priority sampled by fire assay to determine initial gold results.
The fire assay confirmed gold extensive anomalism, returning results such as one metre at 0.62g/t gold from 219 metres, and 1.3 metres at 0.25g/t gold from 186.55 metres.
The second hole, ETG0204, contains intervals of intensely altered brecciated sediments and heavily dispersed sulphide.
“Drilling of the IP anomalies at Lamil has defined a significant zone of brecciation and alteration that is interpreted to be a major structural fluid pathway which is consistent with the geological model of the deposit type being targeted at Lamil,” Managing Director Will Robinson commented.
“The first batch of fire assays from the breccia zone in one hole confirmed extensive gold anomalism exists throughout the structure, providing further encouragement,” he added.
Gold processing from all four holes is now continuing and results are expected in June.
Encounter is steady on the market today and shares are trading for 11 cents each at 2:35 pm AEST.