Total
0
Shares
Energy World Corporation (ASX:EWC) - Chairman and CEO, Stewart Elliott - The Market Herald
Chairman and CEO, Stewart Elliott
Source: Hong Kong Buzz
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Energy World's (EWC) EEES subsidiary enters a joint operating agreement with Indonesia's PT Energy Maju Abadi (EMA) for the Sengkang PSC
  • The project is the first integrated private gas and power development in Indonesia
  • CEO Stewart Elliott says the partnership will help develop the Sengkang PSC to its full potential
  • Shares are trading 4.9 per cent higher at 8.6 cents each at 4:12 pm AEST

Energy World's (EWC) subsidiary, Energy Equity Epic Sengkang (EEES), has entered into a joint operating agreement with Indonesia's PT Energy Maju Abadi (EMA) for the Sengkang PSC.

The Sengkang PSC comprises a number of gas fields in southern Sulawesi, with the project being the first integrated private gas and power development in Indonesia.

Established in 2018, EMA is an upstream oil and gas explorer and developer that is a privately owned subsidiary of Bakrie Group.

The two parties first entered into deeds of assignment back in November 2018, through which EMA has taken up 49 per cent participation in the Sengkang PSC, with EEES taking the remaining 51 per cent.

EWC said the arrangements were fully approved by Indonesia's minister of energy and mineral resources, with the partnership set to be adjusted to 50:50 participation at a set date in the future.

Energy World CEO and Chairman Stewart Elliott commented on the deal: "We welcome this new partnership that combines the strength of EEES and EMA [and] will enable the development of the Sengkang PSC to its full potential as we migrate from an SKK Migas cost recovery structure of operation that expires in October 2022 to a gross split structure for 20 years until October 2042.”

EWC anticipates the partnership will benefit its business in Indonesia.

Energy World shares were trading 4.9 per cent higher at 8.6 cents each at 4:12 pm AEST.

EWC by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Locality Planning Energy Holdings (ASX:LPE) - Non Executive Chairman Justin Pettett - The Market Herald

" Locality Planning Energy (ASX:LPE) powers up to 40,000 customers

Patrys (ASX:PAB) selects stable cell line for PAT-DX1 production

" PuriflOH (ASX:PO3) to team up with Aspen Medical

PuriflOH (PO3) is teaming up with global healthcare solutions provider Aspen Medical to supply its air disinfection technology.
Delorean (ASX:DEL) acquires Salisbury Bioenergy Project

" Delorean (ASX:DEL) acquires Salisbury Bioenergy Project

Delorean (DEL), through its subsidiary Delorean Energy, has acquired 100 per cent of the Salisbury Bioenergy Project for $2.1 million.
KALiNA (ASX:KPO) progresses power projects in Alberta

" KALiNA (ASX:KPO) progresses power projects in Alberta

KALiNA Power (KPO) has updated the market on its Waste Heat to Power projects currently being developed in Alberta, Canada.