- Estrella Resources (ESR) identifies further massive sulphide intersections at its wholly owned Carr Boyd nickel project in WA
- Diamond drilling showed significant widths of nickel-copper mineralisation, as well as several higher-grade massive breccia sulphide zones
- Results from a further four drill holes are still pending, with assays scheduled to be returned from the lab within the next two weeks
- The company says it’s well funded to conduct an exploration program to further investigate the area
- Estrella Resources is trading at 4.8 cents per share at 10:16 am AEST
Estrella Resources (ESR) has identified further massive sulphide intersections from its Carr Boyd nickel project in WA.
Diamond drilling at the project returned significant widths of nickel-copper mineralisation, intersecting up to 26.3 metres at 0.73 per cent nickel and 0.44 per cent copper, 1.84 per cent silver and 0.46 grams of platinum and palladium per tonne (g/t). Several higher-grade massive breccia sulphide zones with significant platinum group elements were also included in the results.
Further drill work intersected broad zones of nickel-copper-iron sulphide mineralisation, with several massive and semi-massive sulphide zones above the basal contact.
The Managing Director of Estrella Chris Daws said the company had continued to hit mineralisation with a high success rate at the project.
“Our belief is firming that the source of the Carr Boyd sulphides will be located,” Mr Daws said.
“You simply don’t see the quantity and nature of sulphides that we are currently drilling and what is located at the historic Carr Boyd nickel-copper mine without it first forming elsewhere.”
Mr Daws said the company was well funded to conduct an exploration program to further investigate the area.
The company is continuing to drill at the project, just south of the Carr Boyd Rocks Mine, to help constrain the seismic interpretation on the area.
Results from a further four drillholes are still pending, with assays scheduled to be returned from the lab within the next two weeks.
Estrella Resources was trading at 4.8 cents per share at 10:16 am AEST.