- Flynn Gold (FG1) receives high-grade gold results from one drill hole at the Brilliant prospect in Tasmania
- The company has drilled the hole to almost 310 metres deep and the hole has encountered broad mineralisation with gold grading up to 56.3g/t
- The hole also intersected a 38-metre-thick mineralised zone which remains open at depth and along strike and Flynn plans to follow this up with drilling
- Flynn Gold is undertaking a 4100-metre program at the Brilliant prospect with further assays expected
- Company shares are up 10.7 per cent to trade at 15.5 cents
Flynn Gold (FG1) has received high-grade gold results from one hole drilled at the Brilliant prospect within the Golden Ridge Project in Tasmania.
BRDD003 was drilled to confirm results of historical drilling and to provide data regarding the orientation of structures, veining and mineralisation.
The hole was drilled to a 309.8-metre depth and encountered multiple zones of sheeted quartz-arsenopyrite veining with associated gold mineralisation.
Best results include 13 metres at 2.86 grams of gold per tonne (g/t) from 194 metres including six metres at 5.77g/t gold from 194 metres including 0.5 metres at 56.3g/t gold from 195 metres.
The hole also intersected a 38-metre-thick mineralised zone from 111 metres which correlates well with mineralisation 50 metres down-dip in a historical hole. The zone remains open at depth as well as along strike and Flynn believes it represents a priority target that will be followed up.
This drilling forms part of a planned 4100-metre program targeting 250 metres of strike at the Brilliant prospect. Samples from five completed holes are currently at at a lab for assaying and the company is drilling a hole to target high-grade mineralisation along strike from BRDD003.
Company shares were up 10.7 per cent to trade at 15.5 cents at 12:19 pm AEST.