- Frugl Group (FGL) has launched a version 2.0 beta testing program of its grocery comparison and wellness mobile app ahead of a full release in August
- An initial version of the app was released in February this year and user feedback is now being used to inform further improvements
- The app allows users to find best prices between leading supermarkets, Coles and Woolworths
- Separately, Frugl announced a subsidiary involved in a legal dispute with a former employee since 2018 has now been placed into liquidation
- Frugl Group shares are grey at Monday's market open, trading for 2.9 cents per share
Frugl Group (FGL) has launched a version 2.0 beta testing program of its grocery comparison and wellness mobile app ahead of a full release in August.
The app allows users to compare the cost of goods between leading supermarkets, Coles and Woolworths in local areas. It also analyses consumer behaviours in real-time, evaluating shifts in product merchandising and price changes across more than 60,000 different products.
An initial version of the app was released in February this year. User feedback is now being used to inform various product improvements, including search and loading speeds, page responsiveness and search function accuracy.
A number of new features will also be incorporated during beta testing, with a full version 2.0 app launch expected in August this year.
Separately, Frugl has issued an update on its now-redundant subsidiary, Frugl Australia, which has been embroiled in a legal dispute with a former employee since 2018.
The subsidiary, which is expected to incur a liability of approximately $210,000, recently received a cost estimate to pursue a counterclaim against the former employee. However, Frugl’s management has opted not to take the matter to trial and has instead resolved to place the subsidiary into liquidation.
The decision came after a meeting of shareholders on Friday, and Greg Dudley and Jerome Mohen of RSM Australia have been appointed as liquidators of the subsidiary.
Frugl noted there are currently no assets of any value that are currently held by the subsidiary and that all intellectual property being used to support current operations is held by a separate wholly-owned subsidiary, Family Insights IP.
Frugl Group shares are grey at Monday's market open, trading for 2.9 cents per share at 10:35 am AEST.