- Galan Lithium (GLN) delivers “positive” results from its Santa Barbara concession within its Hombre Muerto West project in Argentina
- The company’s first exploration diamond hole was drilled to 455 metres, delivering an extracted high average lithium brine grade of 829 milligrams per litre
- Galan Exploration Manager Álvaro Henriquez says the results from Santa Barbara “exceeded expectations” in terms of brine chemistry, sedimentary thickness and permeable lithologies
- Meanwhile, the company has now commenced the construction of a fourth brine production well at the project
- Galan Lithium is up 1.72 per cent and trading at $1.18 at 3:04 pm AEDT
Galan Lithium (GLN) has delivered “positive” results from its first diamond drillhole at the Santa Barbara concession within its Hombre Muerto West project in Argentina.
The exploration hole was drilled to a depth of 455 metres through the alluvial sediments and underlying fractured breccia, delivering an extracted high average lithium brine grade of 829 milligrams per litre, with observed lithium brine grades ranging up to 839 milligrams per litre over a 72-hour airlift test.
The company said new geophysical survey work at Santa Barbara also showed evidence of brine continuity over the entire area.
Galan Exploration Manager Álvaro Henriquez said the drilling and geophysical results from Santa Barbara “exceeded expectations” in terms of brine chemistry, sedimentary thickness and permeable lithologies.
“Brine continuity has also been readily demonstrated through the additional geophysical campaign conducted across those tenements,” Mr Henriquez said.
“These overall Santa Barbara results deliver further strong growth potential in previously unexplored areas of our Hombre Muerto West brine deposit.”
Meanwhile, drilling activities have also commenced for three new production wells in the Hombre Muerto West project resource areas, starting with production well No. 4 at Rana de Sal I.
This well is expected to be drilled to a depth of 380 metres nearby to a previously explored zone.
Galan Lithium shares were up 1.72 per cent and trading at $1.18 at 3:04 pm AEDT.