- Golden Rim Resources (GMR) is continuing to intersect high-grade gold mineralisation from its Kouri Gold Project in Burkina Faso
- Results have been received for 10 holes
- Drilling was completed at the mineral resource area, and across the Diabatou and Perga Prospects
- Gold grades peaked as high as 22.5 grams per tonne
- Samples for an additional four holes completed at the Kogodou Prospect have been sent to the laboratory and results are pending
- Golden Rim’s share price has been steady since March 23, with shares trading for 0.5 cents each
Golden Rim Resources (GMR) is continuing to intersect high-grade gold mineralisation from its Kouri Gold Project in Burkina Faso.
Results have now been received for 10 reverse circulation (RC) drill holes, for 1046 metres.
Three of the RC holes were located within the Mineral Resource area, two were located at the Diabatou Prospect, and the remaining five were located at the Perga Prospect.
Mineral Resource Area
Three infill RC holes were drilled in the northern portion of the 1.4 million ounces at 1.4g/t gold Mineral Resource Area.
Samples have been received for all three holes, which consisted of one infill drill hole, BARC365, one new drill hole, GRC010, and one extension to a previous hole, GRC007.
The highest-grade intercepts for these holes include one metre at 3.2g/t gold from 44 metres in hole BARC365, and 13 metres at 0.6g/t gold from two metres in hole GRC010.
Hole GRC007 intersected no significant gold results.
At the Diabatou Prospect, Golden Rim completed two holes, MRC027 and MRC028, around the previous hole, MRC016, which discovered gold grading up to 15g/t.
Hole MRC027 intersected four metres at 12.6g/t gold from 77 metres, including two metres at 22.5g/t gold from 78 metres.
This result shows that higher-grade gold mineralisation may increase at depth.
Hole MRC028 intersected three metres at 6.1g/t gold from 54 metres, including one metre at 15.5g/t gold from 54 metres.
Results for the remaining five holes came from the Perga Prospect, which is located 10 kilometres northeast of the Mineral Resource Area.
Geological mapping of the prospect has identified an extensive zone of quartz vein mineralisation which is located within strongly altered volcanic rocks.
Significant results include one metre at 3.5g/t gold from 75 metres, two metres at 2.3g/t gold from 50 metres, and one metre at 1.1g/t gold from 99 metres.
Samples for an additional four holes completed at the Kogodou Prospect have been sent to the laboratory, where results are pending.
Golden Rim’s share price has been steady since March 23, with shares trading for 0.5 cents each in a $6.042 million market cap.