- GWA Group’s (GWA) Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director Tim Salt has resigned after five years at the company’s helm
- Tim cited personal reasons as his basis for leaving, and he is set to be temporarily replaced by acting CEO Urs Meyerhans effective March 6
- In a statement, Tim said he was proud of the relationships that had been built with both suppliers and customers during his tenure at the company
- The company advised it is searching for a suitably experienced replacement for Tim Salt
- GWA shares are off a slight 0.66 per cent following the announcement, trading at $3.03
GWA Group’s (GWA) CEO and Managing Director Tim Salt has resigned after five years at the company’s helm.
The former CEO of the building fixtures company cited personal reasons as basis for the resignation and has agreed to assist the newly appointed acting CEO with the transition until the end of the current financial year.
“I am proud of the relationships that have been built with both supply partners and customers and there will be further opportunities to strengthen and grow together in the future,” he said in a formal statement.
GWA Chairman Darryl McDonough thanked Tim for his service to the company.
“Tim has led GWA with distinction over the last five years and under his leadership the Group has been restructured to what it is today,” he commented.
In the interim, the GWA board appointed Urs Meyerhans as Acting CEO of
the group, who recently served as President of Tetra Tech Asia Pacific
and Chief Executive Officer of Coffey Consulting.
The appointment is set to commence March 6 this year for a term of six months, with the potential for extension.
GAW referenced Urs’ international industry experience in fast moving consumer
goods, manufacturing, professional services, mining, engineering
and construction in Australia, Europe, U.S. and Asia Pacific.
The company advised it is searching for a suitably experienced replacement for Tim Salt.
GWA shares are off a slight 0.66 per cent following the announcement, trading at $3.03 at 3:00 pm AEDT.