- iCandy Interactive's (ICI) Masketeers: Idle of Fallen game has brought in over $90,000 in revenue in its first five days of trade
- Masketeers launched in 70 countries last week and iCandy said the revenue from in-game purchases and ads has exceeded expectations
- As a result of the strong demand, the company will invest considerable resources in further developing and marketing the game to key markets
- The online game had already racked up over 1 million pre-orders before the October 6 launch
- Shares in ICI have jumped up 6.67 per cent to trade for 6.6 cents a pop
Mobile gaming developer iCandy Interactive (ICI) has successfully launched its new game Masketeers: Idle of Fallen.
The latest offering from iCandy brought in $92,000 in revenue from ads and in-game purchases within its first five days of trade.
The company says the launch has exceeded its expectations and as a result, it now expects its total FY21 revenue to increase as well.
The online game itself launched in over 70 countries on October 6, after racking up an impressive 1.06 million pre-orders.
iCandy owns 100 per cent of Masketeers and said following the strong launch, it will invest in further developing and marketing the game.
"Management is extremely pleased with the results and will now devote considerable company resources to develop and market Masketeers in its key target-countries," the company told shareholders.
"In doing so, iCandy management will prioritise marketing push via digital marketing, well-respected youtubers and influences in the North American markets," it added.
The company didn't say how much it sill spend developing and marketing the game, but did promise to update shareholders on additional revenue Masketeers brings in.
Shares in ICI have ended the day up 6.67 per cent to trade for 6.4 cents each.