- Music credits database Jaxsta (JXT) has is set to expand the scope of its platform under a commercial data access agreement with Kobalt Music
- The two-year deal adds another set of data available to be licensed through Jaxsta’s DataSolutions and Commercial API segments
- The company said this data is critical for the launch of its Works product in Jaxsta Pro
- It follows a separate API sale agreement that was signed with Nightlife Music on January 20 this year
- Jaxsta is up 15.29 per cent to 9.8 cents per share
Music credits database Jaxsta (JXT) has is set to expand the scope of its platform under a commercial data access agreement with Kobalt Music.
The two-year deal adds another set of data available to be licensed through Jaxsta’s Data Solutions and its Commercial API, which currently has two more paid deals set to begin in April this year.
With the agreement now in place, Kobalt, which was started by Willard Ahdritz in 2000 to make the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators, will be included in Jaxsta’s revenue share for its Data Solutions and Commercial API products.
Included on Kobalt’s music publishing roster are the likes of Billie Eilish, Beck, Elvis Presley, Foo Fighters, Sir Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks and more.
“Adding and marrying Publisher data with existing Record Label data to provide a deduplicated and deep-linked set of credits creates a unique world of new data integration possibilities for API data agreements with potential commercial partners,” said Jacqui Louez Schoorl, CEO of Jaxsta.
“This deduplicated data is part of our Works product within Jaxsta Pro which we will be releasing in the coming months,” she added.
The deal with Kobalt follows a separate Commercial API sale agreement with Nightlife Music that was signed on January 20 this year.
The API will be provided to Nightlife for a monthly recurring fee for an initial 12 months and allows the subscription service to enhance its content management platform by accelerating music discovery and rights license validation.
Jaxsta is up 15.29 per cent to 9.8 cents per share at 11:01am AEDT.