- MGM Wireless (MWR) has secured a £1 million deal for UK shoppers just in time for Christmas
- As a result of the long-standing partnership with Sky Media, the company’s child-friendly smartwatch will be plastered on television, social media, and street ads
- This media-blitz for Christmas shoppers also secures Sky Media as the Smartwatch’s exclusive telco provider — until the end of September next year
- Over the next year, MGM is expecting 12 million impressions from the advertising campaign
- Shares in MGM Wireless on the Australian market today are trading higher today by 0.3 per cent for $3.31 each.
MGM Wireless’ (MWR) Spacetalk smartwatch is a hot topic in the UK, now exclusively tied with Sky Media as a telco partner.
Spacetalk is a smartwatch designed for children, allowing wearers to call mum and dad with ease — but not access phone apps like Instagram, Facebook, or Snapchat.
Perhaps, though, the most important relationship spawned from the company’s smartwatch is with the UK’s prolific Sky Media.
This week, the partners have taken their business to the next step with Sky becoming the exclusive telco provider for Spacetalk — initially until the end of September next year.
In exchange, Sky will launch a £1 million UK promotion campaign for Spacetalk.
“Sky’s £1 million campaign will drive a high level of brand awareness for Spacetalk during the most important shopping days over Christmas,” MGM Wireless CEO Mark Fortunatow said.
“This is exciting as UK sales to date have been much stronger than our first sales in Australia, validating our decision to sell Spacetalk in the UK.”
The bulk of the campaign will see £600,000 spent by next March — starting in early December this year in time for Christmas.
Shoppers in the UK can expect to see Spacetalk on television commercials, in their emails and mailbox, on the street, and on social media.
MGM Wireless expects this will accumulate over 12 million impressions over the next 12 months.
Spacetalk models sold outside of Sky stores will also be paired with deals to promote Sky SIM cards. This also includes Spacetalk being sold in 100 Sky stores themselves.
“With advertising building consumer demand, we anticipate strong Christmas sales,” Mark Fortunatow added.
“Retailers understand the sales potential of wearable products and many local reviews have been very positive about the advantages Spacetalk provides.”
According to MGM Wireless, the smartwatch market is expected to grow from its $17 billion valuation today, to $27 billion in 2024.
Shares in MGM Wireless on the Australian market today are trading higher today by 0.3 per cent for $3.31 each.