- PlaySide Studios (PLY) levelled up its revenue in FY21, announcing a 55 per cent increase to take total revenue to $10.88 million
- PLY bought in $3.13 million of revenue in Q4 alone, a 33 per cent increase, after its Animal Warfare game notched up 11 million downloads
- The company says around 67 per cent of its revenue came from its own games, with PLY publishing more than 50 titles over the years
- The tech stock plans to launch an additional seven games across FY22, including its Godfather and Legally Blonde games
- PlaySide Studios shares closed up 2.63 per cent at 39 cents each on August 6
PlaySide Studios (PLY) levelled up its revenue in FY21, announcing a 55 per cent increase to take total revenue to $10.88 million.
The gaming studio said in a Q4 business update on Friday it had bought in $3.13 million of revenue during the June quarter alone, a 33 per cent increase on the prior corresponding period.
PLY has credited the increase to a surge in popularity among its original games, with 67 per cent of total revenue now coming from its own intellectual property.
The company’s original titles accounted for 24 per cent of its total revenue in FY20 — representing a growth rate of 407 per cent.
Another highlight for PlaySide was that its Animal Warfare game surpassed 11 million downloads and was PLY’s most downloaded title.
All up, the gaming company has published more than 50 titles since it began more than nine years ago.
It’s planning to release another seven games over FY22, including its Godfather and Legally Blonde games.
PLY won the rights from Paramount to create a game based on the iconic mobster movie in May and the game is due out in Q4.
Commenting on the company’s growth to date, PlaySide CEO Gerry Sakkas said it had gone from strength to strength since listing in December.
“Since our IPO we have had a clear vision for PlaySide and we have now laid the foundations to accelerate our growth in FY22 and beyond,” Mr Sakkas said.
PlaySide Studios shares closed up 2.63 per cent at 39 cents each on August 6.