Total
0
Shares
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Cloud solutions company rhipe is entering a joint venture with Japanese software developers, Japan Business Systems, to form a new company
  • The new company aims to be a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider
  • rhipe’s share price is up 11.11 per cent today, currently sitting at $3.10 at Friday’s market close

ASX listed IT solutions company rhipe has signed a deal with Japanese software developers to form a new joint venture company, rhipe Japan. 

The market responded favourably to rhipe’s announcement, with the company’s share price rising 11.11 per cent up to $3.10 per share.

rhipe Japan will aim to become a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP). According to the company, Microsoft Japan is aware of its position and believes the company will contribute positively to Japan’s increasing CSP market.

rhipe will own 80 per cent of rhipe Japan and Japan Business Systems (JBS) will hold the other 20 per cent interest.

JBS’s role in the joint venture includes providing local personnel, office space, localisation, market knowledge and support for the launch.

rhipe will control the platform for recurring subscription management, business planning, market launch and back-office operations.

CEO of rhipe Dominic O’hanlon said “The announcement of this JV with JBS is a significant step in rhipe’s ongoing expansion”.

Dominic continued, “Japan represents one of the largest markets in the world for Microsoft, yet the migration away from on-premise to cloud-based computing is relatively immature compared to many other countries”.

President of JBS Yukihiro Makita said “We believe the launch of a Microsoft subscription business to SMB resellers could present a new opportunity that has not been well addressed by any other companies in the Japanese market”.

RHP by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
Nuix (NXL) - Outgoing Group CEO Rod Vawdrey

" Nuix (ASX:NXL) appoints new members to its board

Nuix (NXL) has seen a company reshuffle, appointing new members to its board.

" AL3D (ASX:AL3) sells Arcemy 3D printer to University of Queensland

AL3D Limited (AL3) has sold one of its Arcemy WAM printing units to the University of Queensland (UQ) for around $400,000.

" EP&T Global (ASX:EPX) forecasts 85pc ARR growth for FY22

EP&T Global (EPX) expects the company’s annualised recurring revenue (ARR) to grow by 85 per cent in the 2022 financial year.

" Structural Monitoring Systems(ASX:SMN) shakes up board amid $10m capital raise plan

Structural Monitoring Systems (SMN) has announced a board restructure and plans to continue with a $10 million capital raise.