Rox Resources (ASX:RXL) - Managing Director, Alex Passmore
Managing Director, Alex Passmore
Source: Business News
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Rox Resources (RXL) has recovered high-grade assay results for eight holes drilled at the Youanmi Gold Project in WA
  • Notably, the most recent assays returned an intersection of four metres at 7.2 grams per tonne gold from 131 metres
  • The results have extended the area of known high-grade mineralisation at Link by 100 metres beneath the historically mined United North Pit
  • Looking forward, the company says the drilling will help refine deeper down plunge targets for testing, with an upcoming extensive diamond core drilling program planned
  • Meanwhile, drilling in near-mine and resource extension areas will inform a mineral resource estimate and definitive feasibility study
  • RC drilling at Youanmi is ongoing with assay results from a further 13 holes still pending
  • Rox Resources shares last traded at 4 cents each

Rox Resources (RXL) has recovered high-grade assay results for eight holes drilled at the Youanmi Gold Project in Western Australia.

Reverse circulation (RC) drilling within the project’s Link target area continues to yield encouraging gold intercepts, following earlier successful drilling in March.

Notably, the most recent assays returned an intersection of four metres at 7.2 grams per tonne gold from 131 metres. This included two metres at 12.6 grams per tonne gold from 131 metres.

According to Rox, this latest batch of results has extended the known area of high-grade mineralisation at Link by 100 metres, beneath the historically mined high-grade United North Pit.

Rox Resources Managing Director Alex Passmore commented on the results.

“The structural targets down plunge of historic pits that comprise Link are close to historic mine development and have the potential to add to mineable inventory for relatively low cost,” he said.

Through the program, Rox continues to delineate and extend high-grade ore shoots at the project’s Grace, Link and Junction targets, with the aim to increase the near-mine resource.

Looking forward, the company says the drilling will help refine deeper down plunge targets for testing, with an upcoming extensive diamond core drilling program already planned.

Meanwhile, drilling in near-mine and resource extension areas will inform a mineral resource estimate and subsequent definitive feasibility study.

RC drilling at Youanmi is ongoing with assay results from a further 13 holes still pending.

Rox Resources owns 70 per cent of the Youanmi Gold Project, with the remaining 30 per cent held by joint venture partner Venus Metals (VMC).

Rox shares are in the grey, last trading at 4 cents at 10:54 am AEST.

RXL by the numbers
More From The Market Herald

" Latin Resources (ASX:LRS) confirms Cloud Nine halloysite deposit ‘globally significant’

Latin Resources (ASX:LRS) confirms its Cloud Nine deposit in Western Australia is a "globally significant" halloysite…

" PolarX (ASX:PXX) gears up for fresh Nevada drilling program

Junior explorer PolarX (ASX:PXX) has today outlined its plans for a 3000-metre drilling program across its…

" Rafaella Resources’ (ASX:RFR) Santa Comba shows improved recoveries

Rafaella Resources (ASX:RFR) has revealed positive metallurgical testwork results from the Spanish Santa Comba project which…

" Anax Metals (ASX:ANX) appoints Gekko Systems for Whim Creek plant

Anax Metals (ASX:ANX) has appointed Gekko Systems to assist with the design process of a polymetallic…