- S2 Resources (S2R) reports results from the first two drill holes executed at the Aarnivalkea gold prospect in northern Finland
- Notable results from the campaign so far include 5.81 metres at 2.7 grams of gold per tonne (g/t) gold and 0.64 metres at 7.5g/t gold from 314.2 metres
- Drilling also extended gold mineralisation along strike by 135 metres to total 700 metres
- S2 Chief Executive Officer Matthew Keane says the results are highly encouraging
- S2 Resources shares are down 12.5 per cent at 12:28 pm AEST to trade at 14 cents
S2 Resources (S2R) reports results from the first two drill holes executed at the Aarnivalkea gold prospect in northern Finland.
The company’s 13-hole diamond campaign within Finland’s Central Lapland Greenstone Belt is hoped to scope out the extent of a mineralised zone previously identified by S2R.
Notable intercepts include 5.81 metres at 2.7 grams of gold per tonne gold from 381.1 metres 5.64 metres at 3.1g/t gold from 393.4 metres and 0.64 metres at 7.5g/t gold from 314.2 metres.
Drilling has also extended the strike length of gold mineralisation at the project by 135 metres to 700 metres, with all deep holes drilled to date reportedly intersecting mineralisation.
While also admitting the programme was still in its early stages, S2 Chief Executive Officer Matthew Keane said the results were highly encouraging.
“These results are highly encouraging given the step-out distance from previous holes and considering that all deeper holes drilled to date have intercepted gold mineralisation,” he said.
“This programme will significantly advance our knowledge to benefit future
Results from further intervals of these drill holes are still to come.
S2 Resources shares were down 12.5 per cent at 12:28 pm AEST to trade at 14 cents.