Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • JV partners Strike Energy (STX) and Talon Energy (TPD) are gearing up to begin flow testing the Walyering-6 well within the Waylering Gas Field in Western Australia
  • Strike has mobilised all equipment to the Walyering-6 well site, with rig up and swabbing operations complete
  • The W6 well will include five metres of perforations across the D-Sand, eight metres across the C-Sand and 13 metres in the B-sand
  • Upon completion of the testing, Strike and Talon plan to deliver a maiden reserves and resources report for the Walyering Gas Field
  • Shares in Strike Energy are down 1.15 per cent to 26 cents each at 10:22 am AEST, and Talon shares are grey at 0.7 cents at the same time

Joint venture (JV) partners Strike Energy (STX) and Talon Energy (TPD) are gearing up to begin flow testing the Walyering-6 well within the Waylering Gas Field in Western Australia.

Strike said it had mobilised all equipment to the Walyering-6 well site, with rig up and swabbing operations having been completed. As such, the flow test of the well is set to begin “shortly”, according to the company.

The W6 testing program will include the Cattamarra B, C and now D sands after the JV incorporated feedback from its reserves and resources auditor, RISC Advisory, about the D sand’s prospectivity into its test program planning.

The company said the addition of the D sand to the production testing schedule could increase the overall net gas pay from the well.

The W6 well will include five metres of perforations across the D-Sand, eight metres across the C-Sand and 13 metres in the B-sand.

Each zone will be flowed individually before perforating six metres of the Cadda gas discovery, which will have an extended individual flow test to gather further subsurface data due to this being the first Cadda formation discovery in the area.

Upon completion of the testing, Strike and Talon plan to deliver a maiden reserves and resources report for the Walyering Gas Field.

The test is expected to take up 10 days to complete.

Strike is the operator of the JV, holding a 55 per cent interest. Talon Energy holds the remaining 45 per cent.

Shares in Strike Energy were down 1.15 per cent to 26 cents each at 10:22 am AEST, and Talon shares were grey at 0.7 cents at the same time.

STX by the numbers
More From The Market Herald
The Market Herald Video

" Woomera Mining (ASX:WML) appoints Jason Livingstone as new Managing Director

Mineral explorer Woomera Mining (ASX:WML) has appointed Jason Livingstone as its new Managing Director, effective from…
The Market Herald Video

" Security Matters (ASX:SMX) enters into $2m standby equity facility

Security Matters (ASX:SMX) has entered into a standby equity deed with Evolution Capital.
The Market Herald Video

" Ora Gold (ASX:OAU) obtains unsecured $500k loan facility

Ora Gold (ASX:OAU) has obtained an unsecured $500,000 loan facility from Ioma to assist with general…
Baby Bunting (ASX:BBN) - Chair and Non Executive Director, Melanie Wilson

" Baby Bunting (ASX:BBN) surpasses $500m sales for the first time

Baby goods retailer Baby Bunting (ASX:BBN) surpasses half a billion dollars in sales for the first…