- Sunshine Gold (SHN) receives the final results from the Keans Copper-Gold-Silver-Molybdenum prospect in Queensland
- A 15-hole drilling program was completed in October to test a suite of outcropping quartz-sulphide veins and geophysical targets
- Overall, grades from the entire program peaked at 6.02g/t gold, 74.43g/t silver, 2.77 per cent copper and 1.11 per cent molybdenum
- Rock chip sampling was also undertaken with up to 0.20g/t gold, 46g/t silver, 6.44 per cent copper and 0.35 per cent molybdenum intersected
- Shares in Sunshine are steady on the market and are trading at 4.2 cents
Sunshine Gold (SHN) has received the final results from the Keans Copper-Gold-Silver-Molybdenum prospect.
The Keans prospect is one of at least eight prospects along the 15-kilometre-long copper-gold-silver-molybdenum corridor at the Ravenswood West Project in Queensland.
A 15-hole drilling program was completed at Keans during October to test a suite of outcropping quartz-sulphide veins and geophysical targets.
Drilling intersected discrete veins with chlorite-sericite alteration with the veins containing abundant sulphides, particularly in holes near the historic gold mines.
Overall, grades from the entire program peaked at 6.02 grams of gold per tonne (g/t), 74.43g/t silver, 2.77 per cent copper and 1.11 per cent molybdenum.
Four rock chip samples were also collected and all returned significant assays with grades peaking at 0.20g/t gold, 46g/t silver, 6.44 per cent copper and 0.35 per cent molybdenum.
These results give Sunshine confidence in expanding upcoming exploration activities at Keans.
Managing Director Damien Keys is pleased with the results from both the drilling and sampling programs.
“The Keans reconnaissance drilling program was successful in defining strong copper-gold-silver-molybdenum mineralisation throughout the prospect area,” Mr Keys said.
“Rock chip sampling has further enhanced the prospectivity of the broader Keans area with three of the four rock chips containing abundant copper-gold-silver-molybdenum. The rock chip samples open up another potential line of mineralisation along a major regional fault.”
Shares in Sunshine were steady on the market and were trading at 4.2 cents at 2:49 pm AEDT.